Banned again at Old Sparkey Forum

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
kengrome

Post by kengrome »

If Chuck said he did it, he did it.
Well, if he did it I have news for him -- it didn't stick. In fact, ever since I first had this problem it has never been fixed, instead it has gotten worse.
Chuck fully acknowledges Neil is the computer brain behind his forum.
But does Neil ever do anything to fix such problems? I emailed him months ago after someone suggested that I do so, and he totally ignored me. He never fixed the problem either. That was what, 6 months or a year ago? Given the fact that he never fixed it and never even acknowledged me the last time I emailed him, I'm guessing that today's email will result in more of the same.
I'm 150% if it were something easy to fix, it would have gotten done by now.
No, the only thing that irritates me about this situation is that I've asked politely and waited patiently (several times) to have this fixed -- or for someone to tell me they either don't know how to fix it or they are simply not going to bother. But instead of a simple courtesy answer all my requests have met with silence, or a *suggestion* that the person is going to do something about it first and then silence -- followed by the continuation of the same old problems.

This is not an issue of ease or difficulty, it is an issue of facts and openness and honesty. If it cannot or will not be fixed just tell me the truth so I can stop hoping for something that's never going to happen, that's all I ask ...
Ken Grome
Bagacay Boatworks
www.bagacayboatworks.com
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Ken,

I am a moderator on Oldsparky forum and the reason I have not responded before this is that I am an IT idiot and have no idea how to fix your problem or even if I have the right permissions to do so.

This forum however, is not the place to pick a fire fight over your dissatisfaction with Oldsparky. Be sure your comments will be passed on.

Many of us here are friends of Chucks and I would caution you to choose your words wisely.

Chuck has had no end of problems with spammers infiltrating his site and I suspect that security measures he has in place might be what is causing your problem but again, I am only guessing.

I invite you to take this back channel here, or via email to me , hairymick@msn.com and i will pass on any query you might have.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
kengrome

Post by kengrome »

Mick, I was able to login an hour or two ago (my ip address when I logged in at Old Sparkey was 120.28.211.108 so apparently this is one that is not yet being blocked) ... and I already posted a request for help over there, but thanks for the offer to help.

:)
Ken Grome
Bagacay Boatworks
www.bagacayboatworks.com
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I'm going to go ahead and close this topic. While Chuck and I work together, I don't know the value in trying to troubleshoot issues he may be having. I'd email Chuck and ask him to forward the issue to Neil.
-Matt. Designer.