I'm sick.

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
jbo_c
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

I'm sick.

Post by jbo_c »

I haven't even started my next build, and I'm picking the design for the NEXT build.

I know I'm not the only one to have this problem, but I wanted to say it "out loud". :shock:

Jbo
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: I'm sick.

Post by hairymick »

LOL,

G'day Jbo and welcome to my world. :D

My shed is full of kayaks, a pirogue and a canoe, There are Jem plans here that I haven't even started on yet and more plans are on the way.

My trouble is that I just love studying the plans allmost as much as I enjoy watching the boats come to life. There are still several of Matts earlier models that I desperately want to have a crack at, just because I can :D but he keeps coming up with new designs that I want to build more. His beautiful Wabanaki - listed on Duckworks is a case in point and there is a new kayak in the wings that I think is going to be even prettier than anything currently available anywhere.

bloody hell, so many boats and only one lifetime to build em all in. :oops:
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Tor

Post by Tor »

Yep it gets ya bad,

I got plans for the Sasquatch and before I started I bought the Southwind plans and started that one first, it's just not right I tell ya.

Tor
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Tor wrote:Yep it gets ya bad,

I got plans for the Sasquatch and before I started I bought the Southwind plans and started that one first, it's just not right I tell ya.

Tor

LOL, Mate, the torment is unbearable!, I bought the Cape Fear and Issaquah plans about 2 years ago, been ogling Sas 14, Merrimac, Northwind and Freedom 15 plans and even got as far as cutting out the panels for the TV but Matt bloody keeps coming up with plans for boats that I want to build more.

Between my Southwind, Laker, Okwata and Sas 16.5 I have all bases pretty well covered :D but the others are just so pretty. I can feel another big order with West Systems and Aust wood panels coming up.

Oh yeah, I still miss my swampgirl and my youngest daugfhter has yet to forgive me for selling it. Nevermind my grandson. He is as dirty as all get out for me selling the touring pirogue - and my bloody son WILL NOT give me back my wadefish. Reckon I'll have to build a Sabalo and fit a Mirage Drive, just to spite him some :D Bloody kids - I'm the biggest one of em all. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jbo_c

Post by jbo_c »

Yesterday I finished a rehab on a 30 year old fg canoe someone gave me. Next week I have to rebuild the transom in a center console flats boat I bought early spring. Then my next project will be a JEM build in the fall. Oh yes, and there is a 1920s model wood canoe on CraigsList I made a light-hearted pitch for this weekend with SWMBO who was amenable to the idea and I think would love to get it for me, but, like most folks, we don't need to spend the money right now. If I didn't already have two projects waiting, I'd be figuring a way to get it.

I mentioned yesterday that I would sell the CC for what I had in it if somebody offered and I thought she was going to throttle me. When she asked why, I told her "if I'm going to do all that work for a rehab on it, I'd kind of like to just build one." Now that my real projections are in, I probably could have built a slightly more basic model from the ground up for the same price(plus a motor, which I already have on this one).

It really is an illness.

Jbo

PS I've also told her that when we get house with a basement, I'll be setting up a strongback for building a strip canoe while she unpacks.

:D
Jimmy W

Post by Jimmy W »

I saw the same canoe on Craigslist and considered it also. I wonder what repairs it needs to the ends. I would kinda like to have it, but don't need it and am running out of places to store canoes. I need to build another shed. :D