LEFT OVER PLY

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

LEFT OVER PLY

Post by Bemm 52 »

Wondering what to do with all those crazy shaped pieces of left over ply from your last build? :shock:

Heres a solution :idea: .....................build another boat :lol: :lol: :lol:

PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Re: LEFT OVER PLY

Post by PiratePete »

What is she intended for Bemm? It looks like it would be lucky to be 4' in length.

Still it does look the goods :D :D :D :D
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Bemm 52 »

Don't laugh Pete......... but I've kinda got this idea of fitting it out all shipshape.........and then suspending it from the loungeroom ceiling some how. Bit of a talking point and a distraction from the bloody goggle box.
PiratePete

Post by PiratePete »

I did think it would make a great cradle for a grand child some timein the future Bemm

I have seen some built here in Tassie out of Huon Pine & then fitted with a glass top as a coffee table.
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

Of course you're missing the obvious here - add a tow rope, put in a couple of bags of ice and some of those cans that come from the green box on your floor and you have the perfect 'refreshment' trailer for the Wadefish! Might even be a good place to put all those fish you catch too.

Nice build by the way, looks very schmick 8) .
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
Tor

Post by Tor »

I like the coffee table idea are you following a plan or making it up as you go along?

Tor
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Tor wrote:I like the coffee table idea are you following a plan or making it up as you go along?

Tor
Its a plan I"ve had knocking around for years....................Shhh.... from the biblical river wooden boat company... Shhh

Gee I'd love to get my hands on some Huon Pine Pete................a mate works in the security ,fly screen door game.......... every time he replaces a western red cedar door he gives it to me.............trying to get enough to build some kind of strip canoe Sabalo perhaps.

Yep your right Onka its beer drinkin season :lol: :lol: :lol:
PiratePete

Post by PiratePete »

Bemm 52 wrote: Gee I'd love to get my hands on some Huon Pine Pete................
Yet its a lovely timber. I love to see boats made out of it. It makes you cry to go down the West Coast of Tassie & sea silly little knick nacks made out of it for the tourist shops.

There is a boat building school in Huonville south of Hobart that makes some lovely boats & dingys & every year one is put into a raffle to raise money for them. I always buy some tickets
Last edited by PiratePete on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wannabe

Post by Wannabe »

Bemm,
Thats gonna be one good looking crawdad boat.
Bob
surfman

Post by surfman »

Is it finished yet? Let's see some more pix.
Tight Lines, Steve