What a wonderful snow weekend

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

What a wonderful snow weekend

Post by preacher »

Thursday evening we were snuggled in after watching it snow the entire day, wife in the kitchen me in the living room vegging and CRASH! Looked out the back door and saw that the heavy snow had caused the entire carport to collapse. We were lucky though . . . the wife's car kept it from falling all the way down to the ground.
:?

Then about 11:00 PM the electricity went out, of course the heater went with it. The next day I got all the debris moved off the wife's car and drove to the nearest generator vendor and bought me a 16hp electric start beauty. Of course, these days, you have to assemble. Finally got the thing together, filled the battery (which they didn't sell at the same place you by the generator) with acid, filled it with gas and got'er running. I ran the cords into the house, got the heater started, then lighting, but, most importantly, the sattelite and TV. Whew, what a day! I sat down and said I was going to rest up and watch the idiot box for awhile . About 30 minutes into a good program - BLINK - the lights come on and power has been restored.
:oops:

After laughing for about 30 minutes I killed the generator and removed all the cords.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: What a wonderful snow weekend

Post by jem »

sounds about right :lol:
-Matt. Designer.
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by craiggamesh »

Same sort of thing happened to me last year. Only difference is my boat kept the carport from collapsing all the way to the ground.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Same story around here during the Hurricanes.... At lease you are ready for anything Mother Nature will throw your way , which she will.
Best to be prepared since most of us can count on the power being out , a day or a lot more , when a storm and bad weather hits.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Post by preacher »

Oldsparkey wrote:Same story around here during the Hurricanes.... At lease you are ready for anything Mother Nature will throw your way , which she will.
Best to be prepared since most of us can count on the power being out , a day or a lot more , when a storm and bad weather hits.

Chuck.
This one is easy. Ike, on the other hand, took our retirement home on Bolivar Peninsula away (including our large generator). But, praise God, we are alive. The house was paid for and we have another home.