Not JEM-boree, but a Florida Paddlers gathering

Worth mentioning but don't fit in other categories.
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Not JEM-boree, but a Florida Paddlers gathering

Post by dangermouse01 »

In case any of you Florida folks are interested.
There is NO way I will have my WadeFish 15 done by then, but I plan on going, will be on either site 41, 42 or 44. Green Astro Van, with a blue/grey Perception Sole' and blue/white Hurricane Phoenix SOT on the roof rack.

DM
.........................................................................................
4th Annual (almost) Florida Paddling Clubs Gathering
October 20-22, 2006
at Chassahowitzka River Campground

Schedules and trip sign up sheets at the pavilion. Choose from several trips each day (possible small launch fees on some)

Events: evening paddle Friday; campfire Fri and Sat night (if conditions allow); pot-luck supper Sat in the Pavilion; contests - skits and tall tales Sat eve (optional), and rename the event; BRING CLUB INFO TO SHARE

Call campground for camping reservations – 352/382-2200 and be sure to mention the Paddlers Gathering. Rates per site (one camping unit/2 people; extra person $3); Site with Water/Electric $18 +tax, Site with full hook-up $20 +tax, Primitive tent site $15 + tax
http://www.bocc.citrus.fl.us/parks/chas ... ground.htm

Directions: From junction of US Hwy. 19 and SR 98 go west onto Miss Maggie Drive (C.R. 480). Go 1.8 miles, follow signs to campground.

MapQuest: 8600 W Miss Maggie Drive, Homosassa FL

Questions? (email preferred:) lindamarie7juno.com or paddlepuff@earthlink.net or 407/327-4044. If you’re thinking of coming, email Linda - give your name, town, club and whether you might want to carpool
This year’s host club is Wilderness Trekkers www.wilderness-trekkers.org/ (not an ACA event)