Letter to Santa

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
Manjimike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Letter to Santa

Post by Manjimike »

Well it is almost the season :!: :lol:

My wish list (as far as kayaking goes) is for a fast SOT with the ability to fit Mirage Drive.

I know one is on the books, but I've gotta put it in writing for Santa otherwise I will miss out :lol: :lol:

Cheers Mike
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

I think something will be available pretty soon mate.

I also heard a whisper that a kit to fit the Mirage to any of Matts other fine SOTS might also be on the horizon.

I am playing with the idea of fitting a mirage drive to Matt's Cape Fear. Sort of a big wooden Hobie Outback - only prettier, faster, more fishable and oh,so much cheaper.

I am not yet sold on this mirage thing but too many blokes are swearing by them not to take notice. if only they had reverse on them to stop the bloody barra from towing me into the trees. :P
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Paddlin4Reds

Post by Paddlin4Reds »

Mornin' ManjiMike;
....I have seen your Christmas List. Try to get on my "Nice List". I realize the "Naughty List" is alot more fun, but askin' for a JEM boat requires bein' a "Good Fella".

Santa

Manjimike

Post by Manjimike »

G'day Hairy,
My Drive left California on Thursday, cleared Oz customs Sat arvo, then it's gone slow from there :lol: :lol:
I won't have a chance to start any builds til 2008 anyway but had to grab the drive while available because it was 2nd hand ( AU$433 delivered!).
I know Matt is working on one and as I said above I can't start yet, but I'm getting exited now :lol: :lol:
I like the idea of the Mirage drive when I'm fishing in the Southern Ocean as it will make me feel a lot safer amongst the big blue wobbly things :lol: :lol: when the big fan is blowing.
Love reading your reports and glad to see SWMBO out & about with you :) :)

Cheers Mike
Manjimike

Post by Manjimike »

Thanks P4R,
Please pass onto Santa my wife thinks I've been a good boy - I don't think she has seen my Ebay account :lol: :lol:

Cheers Mike