adding to the list

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
jheger
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

adding to the list

Post by jheger »

I would like the touring pirogue hull design with a slight v bottom, thumble home top panel and mini decks. And, I want it next week, just kidding Matt
jheger
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by jheger »

I didn't get it next week, but it was close. Had to entice old Matt with a few $'s but he came through and might add, very reasonable. Mick, you will be real jelous when you see these plans. They are the touring pirogue with a slight v bottom, tumble home top panel, curved stems and the decks the way I want them. This is the pirogue with the assymetrical bottom. Can't wait to get started. Thanks Matt:
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Well these were 1/2 in the works already. :wink:
-Matt. Designer.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Ron
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Mick, you will be real jelous when you see these plans. They are the touring pirogue with a slight v bottom, tumble home top panel, curved stems and the decks the way I want them. This is the pirogue with the assymetrical bottom. Can't wait to get started. Thanks Matt
:shock: :shock: mutter, mutter, mumble grumble, I got two canoes or maybe three and two - three kayaks to build before I can even consider this one. :D :lol:

I keep looking at my little Laker hull and I can't help but think what a nice boat it would be stretched out to around 15 feet - same beam, same symmetrical hull with a tumblehome panel and open like a pirogue.

I think it could come very close to the ultimate rec hybrid. Quick like a true yak, ease of build similar to a pirogue and the room approaching that of a canoe - perfect. :D

Good luck with the build mate. I reckon you are on a winner. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Truisms of building boats:

If a new builder loses his virginity on a fine boat, that's a good thing.
The pointy end goes forward.
Epoxy makes a lousy sandwich.
Wood is a beautiful material - it lives under our hands.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.