Oldsparkeys wish list

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Oldsparkeys wish list

Post by Oldsparkey »

My wish list is quite simple like me...... But not short.:lol:

1. Matt's boat designing business would take off like a rocket from our space coast. Simple reason for this wish , Matt goes above and way beyond what any designer does today. He is someone who takes the builders requests to heart.
Something no one else does , or a very few of them and Matt can direct you to them.

2. Everyone would have the pleasure of building one or more of his great designs like a lot of us have done , then have a long , healthy retirement to really enjoy the boats of there dreams.
No ... NOT Matt , he has to keep designing the boats , so we get to enjoy them , He can't retire we have to keep him busy designing new boats for us. :P

3. Last or least and the most unimportant of my wishes since it only concerns me ..... If I could make up my frigging mind on which one to build the South Wind or the North Wind. I have never been in such an argument with my self about building a boat. :oops: The choices are to great , like the boats are but I will build one of them , that is a given. I have never had this argument with myself , it was simple in the past .. there it is build it.

Slick move on your part Matt for having both to chose from to drive me nut's since I drove you nut's on some of the prototypes I built for you .:lol:

One of these days I will decide..... Leaning towards the South Wind with three mm ply (1/8th inch ) my choice for the wood since I like working with it. Plus I want to take my time on the build.

I hate to say it but the building and seeing it come to life is more fun for me then the paddling it which is always a blast. Double pleasures in life today are hard to find but they are there if you know where to look.

Now if I could only make up my worn out mind on which one to build......... North or South.... South that is where I am.... Himmmmmmmm

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

1. Matt's boat designing business would take off like a rocket from our space coast. Simple reason for this wish , Matt goes above and way beyond what any designer does today. He is someone who takes the builders requests to heart.
Something no one else does , or a very few of them and Matt can direct you to them.
yeah Ditto

One of these days I will decide..... Leaning towards the South Wind with three mm ply (1/8th inch ) my choice for the wood since I like working with it. Plus I want to take my time on the build.
:D :D :D

GO THE SOUTHWIND!!!! :D :D :D

Chuck mate, I am that confident that you will be delighted with the Southwind, that if you buy the plans and build this boat and are not completely satisfied with it, I WILL REFUND THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PLANS - NO QUESTIONS ASKED. This boat really is that good. :D
I hate to say it but the building and seeing it come to life is more fun for me then the paddling it which is always a blast. Double pleasures in life today are hard to find but they are there if you know where to look.
Me too!!! :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Mick... Start a saving account , I am thinking of getting the kit since I have never built a boat designed by Matt from a kit.... Just plans without any instructions.

He knew I would never look at the plans so we saved some paper that way. :lol: And .. Yes the South wind is ahead in the race , but still will take some thinking. Did I ever say I am a long time standing member of the Proscrationars Union.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Oldsparkey wrote: Did I ever say I am a long time standing member of the Proscrationars Union?
you meant to, but never got around to it!
-Matt. Designer.
FlaMike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by FlaMike »

If I could make up my frigging mind on which one to build the South Wind or the North Wind.
Just to complicate your decision-making, Matt's also working up a Southwind, 15' version, with a 30" beam.

That's the one I'm waiting for. :D

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Matt, in my mind's eye, I see a fleet of North & Southwind hulls as I had asked for. Varying bottoms with varying deck configurations. A flat bottom on one of the winds would be a design error, I'd think. This hull is meant to roam far waters, not slog the swamps.

Decked pirogues could carry the flat bottomed tradition in excellence.

And, should a paddler prefer no decks, then beefed up gunnels or coaming to carry the stress would do the job.

What I'm saying is, variation on a theme. One theme would be the Winds, the other theme would be pirogues. this provides a series of proven hulls, with many choices as to how to build and configure them.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

I have to put my two cents worth in here don't leave out the Freedom
I have been in swift water 2ft whitecaps and paddled with some marothon boats that didn't run off and leave me so its a good design.
Ron
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

Wouldn't knock it. A few "representative example" hull configurations with various length decks fore and aft make a large array of boats. Variations on several themes.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.