BTB

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Re: BTB

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

Even in FRESHWATER, it's just the way it is,call it a TEXAS thing :lol: :lol: :lol:
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

If you look at the more popular kayaks with the BTB crowd (Malibu Kayaks especially) it not really the rocker at the very bottom of the hull that pops you over the waves.

Malibu has taken a concept from row boats: High rocker on each end but a skeg in the back. This allows the boat to "rock" when going over a big wave. The front punch up and over and the stern is allowed to squat but is stop when the hull flares out. Malibu's hull are pretty much flat bottoms with high rocker and a skeg on each end. The "front skeg" is bulbs out a bit to part the water a little cleaner and give it more lift.

The cost of this design is turbulence along the hull during flat-water paddling. Means less efficiency and a slower hull. But for the guys that go a short distance and then loiter around the same area, if fits the bill nicely.
-Matt. Designer.
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID

That's what i've been thinking,they are flat,but everyone say's they have alot of rocker !I don't see it on the hull it's just the bow and stearn! I think it's the 33"-36" beam that give's u the feeling of wave ride!
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID

And the beam just extend's more bow to stearn,giving u more surface area 4 weight capacity and stability :roll: what do i know :oops:look's like they push alot of water but serve thier purpose 4 surf dude 8) :lol:
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

it gives me ideas...... :mrgreen:
-Matt. Designer.
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID

AS far as SOT's there's only 2 type's the 1 your working on 4 me a 32"x16' for general use and a BTB fishing platform 35"-36"x12' both in 3 weight classes/sm/med/lg :!: The one 4 me i feel is going to be a fast yak 4 a man my size and i feel every yak is classed by weight use first, style second :!: This i feel is the way i've been trying to chose a plan :!:
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day LKK,

Welcome aboard mate. :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID

G'day sir and thank's :D
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID

Sir,what's the most weight you've put on ur wadefish :?:
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

I weigh about 200 pounds, about a dozen or two beers, ice, oh yeah, some fishin gear, probably 270 - 300 pounds max :D

Only problem was that after about the first 15 or so beers, darn boat seems to get unstable. I just don't understand it.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)