hiawatha type canoe wish

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: hiawatha type canoe wish

Post by hairymick »

Mate this is exactly why Matt's loyal little band of builders is steadily growing. :D Many of us wouldn't even dream of building another's design now.

The information I have indicates that there probably are more Jem boats being built in Australia at the moment than all other stitch and glue, paddlecraft designs combined. 8)

Welcome to our world! :D
Last edited by hairymick on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
shawnkfl
Type of boat I like: Canoes and Kayaks

Post by shawnkfl »

i have noticed that there are a lot of austrailian builders here. it's great too, especially when you guys post pics. i love seeing pictures of places that i most likely won't get to paddle.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Man this design was a bugger. I had to go back and pretty start over. What I initially built would not have been builder friendly and I was worried that if choose to use some really cheap plywood, it wouldn't have worked at all.

But I finally got it where I want it.

Shawn - I'll send you an email about some particulars.
-Matt. Designer.
shawnkfl

Post by shawnkfl »

got it, and replied. thank you for doing this one for me. i really appreciate it.
shawnkfl

Post by shawnkfl »

well....just got an email from matt. it said thank you for my recent sabolo order. wait......what? i didn't order a sabolo. i'm ordering a canoe! wife gets home a sees me reading it. LOL....she ordered the sabolo plans for me for a valentine's gift! cat's out of the bag now! so, after i build the canoe, i'll be building a sabolo!! wooot!!
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

Well you're going to have to buy her the Wadefish plans now. :mrgreen:
-Matt. Designer.
shawnkfl

Post by shawnkfl »

i wish! she doesn't enjoy the outdoors like i do. she's a spa type woman. so, for valentine's, i got her a day at the spa! i'm hell bent on getting our daughters outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting and just enjoying everything we have to see and do. it will all start with building a boat and my hopes are, that they will enjoy it as much as i do. i don't want them to be tomboys though. i just want them to experiance everything. what better way than to build a canoe, then take it paddling and camping.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Both of my daughters ( now married and away from home ) like the outdoors. When they were young I would take them camping , fishing or just for walks in the woods , later they would take there friends on outings and camping trips. The youngest when she got married , for the honeymoon her and her husband spent a week camping in northern Canada. :lol: One wedding present was a new tent and sleeping bags. ( two of the places for folks to get wedding gifts were Eddie Bauer and L.L.Bean )
The oldest daughter and her husband are into kayaking and outdoor wildlife ( Birds) photography for relaxation

If they help you with the boats , there will be an interest and from there it will escalate into more fun for them since the boat has to be paddled. Then after paddling it , day trips and eventually camping overnight and on to exploring different waterways. Just be forewarned , if they like the boat , they will claim it before you know it.

Been there , did that with the daughters and have two young ladies that enjoy being outdoors , fortunately there husbands also enjoy the outdoors. Lucky for them since it is my guess they would not of had a choice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.
PS. The wife's idea of camping is a good hotel with room service and forget about paddling down some river , cruise ships are OK..
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

-Matt. Designer.

Post by Guest »

that is exactly what i want matt. truly beautiful! can i place my order? can i, can i??