Southwind 15-28

Area for ideas about designs you want to see. Guests welcome to post!
Jimmy W
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Southwind 15-28

Post by Jimmy W »

I am pretty sure that this has been brought up some in the forum, but I don't see it here in the Wish List.
I would also like to see the Southwind with the longest length possible with only one splice in the panels and at about the width of the long Southwind.
jheger
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

south wind 15-28

Post by jheger »

I second that thought.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Me too 8) :P
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

hairymick wrote:Me too 8) :P
Mick - You're cut off until you catch up! :lol:
-Matt. Designer.
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

I knew this was a close knit bunch of guys but dang Mick he's cutting you off.
I am rolling on the floor I am laughing so hard
Ron :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Mick...

Ya done it now , Matt is restricting you to the one you are building , no joy to look forward to down the river.

:lol: :lol: :lol: As if you don't have at lease three or more in the back of your mind. Just don't let Matt know. :wink:

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

Guys when it's a slow month, I just email Mick and say "How about a new boat" and then my expenses get magically covered. :lol:

No not really. But Mick has quite a few of my plans. Now of I could just get him to build that tunnel-hull pirogue idea I had.... :twisted:
-Matt. Designer.

Post by Guest »

Sheets here. Tried to register to the site but never got a confirmation email :?: I had to jump in on this one. I would for sure buy plans as described above!
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Guess I am gonna have a busy year 8) :lol:

Seriously though, I have run out of room in my shed at the moment. So builds will slow down for a little while.

I believe in the Wind range of boats. My Southwind is every thing I could ask for in a sea capable, expedition boat and will do absolutely anything I would want from a paddle craft. I think one at 15' X 28" would be a definate winner with its simpler build and more manageable length.

I need to build a T-V for my friend and an Okwata just cause I want to and also a nice little pack type canoe, just cause I want one and such a boat simply does not exist here. but a Wind in the above size specs would appeal to many with the slim lines and performance of a very good kayak and accessability and capacity approaching that of a canoe. How could such a concept not be a winner? 8)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

Anonymous wrote:Sheets here. Tried to register to the site but never got a confirmation email :?: I had to jump in on this one. I would for sure buy plans as described above!
What user name did you register under?
-Matt. Designer.