A Pair of Sabalo 12's at Pigeon Creek

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
tw541
Type of boat I like: All boats

A Pair of Sabalo 12's at Pigeon Creek

Post by tw541 »

It took a while, but we finally finished these Sabalo's and put them in the water here at Norfork. They both floated. That is usually a good sign.

My wife and I left the ramp area and headed up the creek.

She told me she did not have time to pose for pictures. She had a new boat to try out.

Headed back to the ramp.

We are well pleased with these kayaks. They are very stable, reasonable fast, and maneuverable. We may need a second trailer for the White River trips we have planned. We haul our other kayaks on top of the car, in J-racks, but I have back problems and cannot lift these that high. I am considering a Harbor Freight trailer to use at the take out point. I may try to come up with a rack to haul both in the bed of the truck. They are obviously too wide to haul side by side, but I may try to build something to stack them one over the other in the bed.
Terry
Wannabe

Re: A Pair of Sabalo 12's at Pigeon Creek

Post by Wannabe »

They floated Terry" Looks to me like they floated with Style. That is a pair of good looking boats. You can be proud of those.
Bob
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by OnkaBob »

Yep, they passed the audition all right!

Trimmed as they are with the nose slightly up they look like they would cope with a reasonable surf launch. Would probably be a good all round fishing craft.

Do you plan on fishing from them or are they just for sightseeing and exercise?
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Post by Mick »

I like those boats - a lot! Well done mate !