Wadefish on the water!

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
JTCustoms
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Wadefish on the water!

Post by JTCustoms »

Here are some pics of my wadefish and the boat i built for my daughter last year. Thanks for the great design Mat.

[/img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-7/1 ... ks.jpg[img]

[/img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-7/1 ... ks.jpg[img]

[/img]

These pics were taken the weekend befor the thunderstorms that started all the fires here in NorCal. The hills around the lake are all on fire. CDF has closed the lake. So, it may be a while 'till I can paddle again :cry:
JTCustoms
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by JTCustoms »

That's better.

This is what the hills surrounding the lake look like now.
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

What a wonderful pair of kayaks! I love the little one for your daughter. How long/wide is it?

That's so great that you can all go out together!
zeb

Post by zeb »

Hope You get get back on the water soon

Great photos thanks for sharing
All The Best
Zeb
bronco302

Post by bronco302 »

Great boats, very nice.

Joe W.
JTCustoms

Post by JTCustoms »

scottrunnr wrote:What a wonderful pair of kayaks! I love the little one for your daughter. How long/wide is it?

That's so great that you can all go out together!

My daughter's boat is 9ft x 22 inch beam. Kind of a decked pirogue, flat bottom with sealed bow and stern for floatation.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Sneaky there JTCustoms , very sneaky ...(But some quick thinking) ....I noticed you have her taking the cooler with her. :roll:

That is a good way to make sure you keep an eye on both of them when paddling. Plus it lets her and her boat be a active part of the outing that way , with the , See , Dad , I can help . :D

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
JTCustoms

Post by JTCustoms »

:lol: lol. I wish I would of thought of it that way. Actually, I needed a way to move her seat forward to get her sitting closer to the middle of the boat. That cooler just happened to be a perfect fit. And it works to keep her drinks cold.

She doesn't need any motivation to go kayaking. She wont talk to me for days if I go without her.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

JTCustoms wrote::lol: lol. I wish I would of thought of it that way. Actually, I needed a way to move her seat forward to get her sitting closer to the middle of the boat. That cooler just happened to be a perfect fit. And it works to keep her drinks cold.

She doesn't need any motivation to go kayaking. She wont talk to me for days if I go without her.
Right and I have some beach front property in Arizona for sale , interested in a bridge around Brooklyn , How about some swamp land in Florida. That would let you have your own Gator farm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Lovely boats JT.

Wadefish speaks for itself - well done!

What really impresses me is the great little boat for the littleun. What a little beauty! She will remember her days paddling with her dad all her life.

I think there is a vast and untapped market for such a boat as this. No body seems to be thinking much about designing a really nice craft for the geezers of the future.

Something like this - just to get the wood/epoxy addiction started - never mind the paddling part, is a stroke of genius. As she outgrows this one, I am betting you will have a little partner, trolling the web with you, looking at bigger boats that she can help her dad build.

Bloody well done mate.!!! :D 8)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)