Jbo's Swamp Adventure

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
jbo_c
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Jbo's Swamp Adventure

Post by jbo_c »

This is me out, not my home-built boat, but I thought ya'll might enjoy it anyway.

These are pics from my trip camping through the Okeefenokee Swamp here in South Georgia last weekend. If you are able and have the opportunity, you should do it for at least one night.

Jbo

paintedmidnight

Post by paintedmidnight »

Wow I hope that second picture was taken with a really good zoom lense. Looks like a wonderful place.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

I was told that the run from Kingfisher to Maul Hammock , Big Water , Floyds Island , Canal Run and on down to the office was closed. Is there any truth to that ??????

Reason I'm asking is your one picture looks like the chickee ( shelter ) at Big Water.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
jbo_c
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by jbo_c »

We did Round Top the first night and Canal Run(the chickee above) the second night. Floyd's Island is closed. Don't know about the Big Water chickee.

Round Top was a real push - actually a pull. We had to go through a peat blow up about 30 feet long and the canoe would not move. I had to climb out and wade/pull the boat through. That was a heart pounding 3 minutes. Out the back way was no trouble.

About the gator pictured, he was a big average 9 feet or so. We were very close. The dimples you see in the pic are where water dripped off my paddle. The path there was only about 10 feet wide.

Jbo
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Big Water looked like this when we did it ...... I'm the silhouette in the right hand back corner of the shelter starting supper for the guy's.

Canal Run was like this....... (That is me in the pirogue)

That was back on 02-07-02. The water was WAY DOWN , Way Down almost dry up there. :)

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler