Sabalo..........Why Why Why in S.A.

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Sabalo..........Why Why Why in S.A.

Post by Bemm 52 »

Just a few pics of the boat in South Austalia took it down on the roof of car with a Toto.
Matt I am very happy with this build :lol:
I can sit side saddle with legs over side and not feel in any way unsafe or unstable.......
probably a good view for the sharks though :roll:
I can shimmy forward with leg either side and access forward hatch with ease 8)
Turning to access tank well can be done as well you kinda lie on your side over seat back..... :shock:
rudder is way out of reach :oops:
Rigged for fishing
shark bait
pilot boat with Xmas spirit
I linked up with Wedgetail who is about to build a Sabalo........post some pics Mark :D
disscusing rudder controls
By using the load bar on front rack loading and unloading are no problem single handed 8)
I did bend the rudder coming in in small surf must have slamed into beach.......easily straightened......now I raise rudder behind surf line. :oops:
Boat is quick I leave my better half floundering in my wake :lol: as a result and after paddling mine she now wants one......feel a winter project coming on :shock:
Matt let me know royalties on second boat build :wink:
Maybe I will give her mine and build Wadefish(have plans already).......decissions :roll:
olsnappa
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Sabalo..........Why Why Why in S.A.

Post by olsnappa »

Mate.....she's a real gem.....(excuse bad pun. :) )
Looking great on the water too.
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Great looking boat!

Email me or PM me about the second copy.
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

:shock: :shock:

I want one. :D

Beautiful boate mate Well done!
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
scottrunnr

Post by scottrunnr »

Bemm,
she's a beauty! You should be very proud what a great job you did and how well you've laid everything out!

I used your tissue paper technique to do some graphics on my current build. Thanks for the advice.

I'd love to see some more fishing pics. Do you do most of your fishing anchored? Here in New England we mostly troll with a "tube and worm" rig. It's basically a 12-18" surgical tube with stainless wire running thru it and a nice single hook on the end. We put a juicy sea worm on the hook that gives the fish something to smell. The tube is intentionally curved so that it spins as we troll it. Makes it look like a wounded eel. The Stripped Bass and Bluefish (you call them Tailors) go nuts for them. I'd be interested to hear about your techniques.
Graham

Post by Graham »

WOW fantastic finish you must be proud of that one Bemm and Matt looks great on the water and what a great place to fish. Let’s have some more pictures its curing my winter blues as it will be at least three more months before I can set out again.
Keep up the posts Bemm,
Life is what you make it but its what you make that improves your life.
1X Gander river canoe
offers to help support your build
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

I agree with Graham. I have the winter blues and can't wait to get back out on the water. I haven't been out for months. Everyone keep posting those out and about photos. And Bemm, that is a beautiful boat.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Attention all southern hemisphere paddlers we need your help.
Due to the poor climate where I live on the east cost of England. I would be grateful of all posts of Photographs of your craft showing your craft on the water were all Gems should be.
Thanks all for support in our months of need.
Life is what you make it but its what you make that improves your life.
1X Gander river canoe
offers to help support your build