Boat Builders Round-Up @ Inks Lake State Park

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Boat Builders Round-Up @ Inks Lake State Park

Post by Darrells »

I had a great time amongst good people and am looking forward to next year. Thank You for putting this on Gerald. There is some great scenery in that park.

The morning started off nice but sone the weather detoriated. As we gathered the rain soon started and put us all back in our vehicles.

HirschHunter riding the strom out.

The rain finally settled down and everyone started gathering to meet and look all the boats over.

Light Keepers Kid in yellow jacket

The weather did little to dampen everyone's spirits. Even though it was the first time for alot of us to meet face to face, it seemed as if this was a gathering of old friends. Seashell paddled her new boat and seemed to take right to it.

She also showed her Dad (Strider) how to paddle with a little race. (Sorry but I had to post this Kim) :D

It was nice to be able to a face with some names. ( if I screw any names up. I am Sorry)

L to R: Gerald, Pogo, Hirschhunter, rodloos, hannah

Pogo's new and nice canoe.

One of Geralds very nice creations

Another of gerald's great boats

And Seashells new Pirogue.

My tub

I had eagerly been anticipateing Strider's cooking skills all day, so when it was time to head over to Gerald's campsite I went with great enthusiasim. Sorry but I did not get a picture of the meal, but I was too busy eating it. After enjoying a great meal we all settled in around the fire to enjoy some conversation about building,paddling fishing and camping.

(L to R) Strider, Gerald, Pogo, Turner, Rodloos

You can take fisherman to a boat show, but you can't keep'em from fishing. Turner and Stider with a couple of nice Sunfish.

Seashell and Hannah seemed to hit it off pretty well and were gone exploring most of the time but keet us entertained while around. Those S'Mores can real messy.

All too soon it was time for everyone to start heading for their own camps a little shut eye. Seashell called this morning with a invite for breakfast Tacos. Here is Strider working his majic with Breakfast.

After a long Breakfast it was time to break camps and head for home. Hannah's boat (soon to be replaced with a wooden craft), Seashell's new boat and my old tub loaded for the ride South.

Again I had an extremely good time, despite the weather and I am eagerly looking forward to the next TKFBBR. JEM WaterCraft was well represented. LightKeepersKid had his fantastic SOT, Ron brought a couple of his great boats, and I brought my new stripper.
Several people paddled my stripper and were impressed with the stability it is and how easy it paddles. I believe Ron also sold a set of plans while there.
Darrell Sykora
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Boat Builders Round-Up @ Inks Lake State Park

Post by jem »

Great post. Love that trailer. Was it home-made?
-Matt. Designer.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

See "new trailer for new boat" in builder log.
Last edited by Darrells on Tue May 19, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell Sykora
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Think I might have sold several sets of plans,Matts plans .
Ron
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

That trailer is the "BOMB" and it was a great time and great people :wink:

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
slider
Type of boat I like: Pirogue

Post by slider »

Nice trailer and boats. The woodwork on your tub is extremely impressive and the finish on all is making me very envious at the moment.

The red "things" on Seashells boats?? They look to be some sort of tie-off tab, were they purchased or made? Look very interesting and might be handy.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Thanks for the compliments. I just call it my tub,I really do like it. :D
The red loops are pieces of webbing for tie downs on camping trips she and her Dad take.
Darrell Sykora