Okwata - NOW she is a boat.

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
cridgie down under

Re: Okwata - NOW she is a boat.

Post by cridgie down under »

Congrats Mick, looks up to your usual standard, "great,great," How does she rate compared to the laker, in terms of stability ,comfort ,performance,I dont quite understand the diff between a hard chine and a soft chine craft . Am i right in saying that the okwata is a soft chine ,laker hard there fore feels a bit tippy to me but i have only paddled my laker a couple of times and have not paddled for app. 6 months
Look forward to hearing from you.
regards Ray.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

G'day Bob, Thanks mate, we love it here. Lots of southerners move to the Fraser Coast area every year to retire - or for business opportunities. it is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. :wink: Re theodolite, It is only about 4 o 5 miles long - hence it is a creek. :D

G'day Cridgie,

Re the difference in boats, Okwata is superior in every way to Laker which is a superb kayak in its own right. I think the chines on the two boats are about the same except for near the ends, where Okwata has much more torture to achieve the very fine entry.

I would happily recommend both boats to any builder - Laker for ease of build - Okwata for superior performance to laker. (having said that, Laker is no slouch and will hold her own in ANY COMPANY) :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
olsnappa
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by olsnappa »

G'day Mick.
Great shots, mate...... And a beautifully finished boat.
Nice work, as usual :D :D
Love the location too....... :D
John.
1 Cape Fear Sit In....a couple more planned
2 Laker 14's
1 Paddle board

"People who don't make mistakes don't make anything"
Artfull Dodger
Type of boat I like: issaquah

Post by Artfull Dodger »

Mick,

Love the build, love the pics and love the posts keep them coming, can't wait to get mine done (Okwata)and catch up for a chinwag. :D.

Ya better get started on the purple people eater for the missus. :)