Brazos Day trip

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Brazos Day trip

Post by Darrells »

I found a spot last week that was holding some really good Bass, so i went back this morning. I did not get off to an early start and it was already a pretty warm paddle by 10:00. The bass are still there and I managed to catch 18 of which I kept a limit.

After I had caught all of the bass I wanted I switched over to some worms to try and catch a few catfish. The catfish were uncooperative but the Drum were more than willing to take a worm. I must have caught better than fifty drum this morning. I decided that if they were willing to bite then this would be a meat haul. I ended up keeping about twenty.

This was the first time that I had hauled my cooler in the hatch of the new boat and it works very well. You leave it unlatched and simply reach behind you and deposit your catch directly on ice. It does'nt get any better than that.

One other thing. This was the first time that I had carried my GPS with me on the new boat. It likes to cruise at 3.8 MPH and tops out at 5.2 MPH. I love this boat, Matt designed another winner.
Last edited by Darrells on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell Sykora
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Re: Brazos Day trip

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

WOW nice meat haul and great report and i've got to get started on my icechest boat :wink:

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
TexasZeke
Type of boat I like: touring t-v

Post by TexasZeke »

very nice trip, don't know if I'll be able to keep up with those speeds though. Bright side, by the time I get there you can have the fish caught and fried....hehehe
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Heya Darrells,

Great catch mate and your set up has me drooling.

Both Robin and I are very interested in your seat set up. Speak to us about it please.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Post by preacher »

WTG
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Whoops! Missed this thread somehow.

What a great report!
-Matt. Designer.
john the pom

Post by john the pom »

Dont think I've said so yet but I love that boat.
Mick, for a similar seat, but sold a lot closer to home is this one. Haven't got around to looking myself yet but...
http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/For ... 753.0.html
Regards John.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

Mick,
I just found a seat that I liked and built a simple box out of 1x3 lumber with a piece of 3/8 plywood on top and screwed the seat to it. Nothing is mounted to the boat so I can trim as needed for weight. Even though it is not mounted to the boat I have had no problems with the base moving while paddling.
Darrell Sykora
CrkdLtr
Type of boat I like: Pirogue

Post by CrkdLtr »

Awesome report chief. I love me some gaspergoo. :mrgreen:

I'm with Mick, we may need you to do a nice little photo shoot and walk around of your rig outfitted.