T-V handles it all

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

T-V handles it all

Post by tx river rat »

Decided to make a couple hour trip on a local lake. I loaded up headed out,it was hot and not much wind.
I tried drifting shrimp ,never got a tap so I went shad hunting . I found a point loaded with shad
beached the yak and cast netted some. I tried drifting where the shad were and the bite was on.
Caught 4 keepers (channels) and 2 mudcat in about thirty minutes. I noticed a storm building and lighting in the distance. I watched the storm get closer then the wind hit,in just a couple minutes had three foot waves white capping. Time to go,put the yak up on the bank made sure everything was tied off. I wouldn't go straight across the lake so I quartered into the waves and started across..3/4 of the way across I saw a boat coming out from the bank,he ran up close to me and hollered ask if I was ok. told him thanks but I was fine. I got closer to the bank I needed to land on I turned with the waves and surfed into the area I needed to load.The yak handled everything great I didnt get a drop in the cockpit.
After I loaded up I went to the campsite of the guy that had come out and checked on me,thanked him and gave the cats and shad to him.
There are still a lot of nice folks out there.
Ron
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: T-V handles it all

Post by OnkaBob »

It's amazing how fast things can turn bad on the water - a 3 foot swell I wouldn't mind but a 3 foot wind wave would be quite nasty in a small craft. Glad you made it back OK and it is certainly a great testimonial to the seaworthiness of the TV.

I hope you include yourself in the "nice folks" category you mentioned Ron - there are some people who wouldn't even have a word of thanks for an actual rescue let alone giving some fish to someone who only offered assistance.
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.