Fishing w/kids on tandem fishing sot...

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
scottrunnr
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Fishing w/kids on tandem fishing sot...

Post by scottrunnr »

I took my daughter out fishing on the tandem fishing sot to the harbor. As you can see from the photo below, we had a very nice day for it.

The tandem handled extremely well! She tracks so easy and true that my daughter was able to paddle us along by herself as I set the lines, etc. We had a wonderful time together and caught some nice fish! Below are photos of her clowning around with one of the nice Striped Bass we caught.

Hearing what a good time we had, my son decided he wanted to go out with me the next day. The conditions were a bit rougher with a fair amount of chop and wind. The tandem handled it all quite easily and was extremely stable throughout. She is a perfect fishing platform! The fishing was outstanding. We had personal bests with the Striped Bass you'll see below. Most importantly, I had two great days out on the water with my kids. Doesn't get much better than that!

Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Fishing w/kids on tandem fishing sot...

Post by Kayak Jack »

Sottrunner - congrats to you on involving those great looking kids.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

Great looking fish. I always wanted to go after stripers in the ocean. We had some big ones in Lake Havasu in Arizona when I lived there, but most were in the 1-5 pound range. They put up a great fight though.

I figure catching them off the east coast in their natural habitat would have to be so much better. You always seem to be getting the big ones.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Post by preacher »

scottrunnr wrote:I took my daughter out fishing on the tandem fishing sot to the harbor. As you can see from the photo below, we had a very nice day for it.

Hearing what a good time we had, my son decided he wanted to go out with me the next day.

Most importantly, I had two great days out on the water with my kids. Doesn't get much better than that!
AMEN! Keep doing that as long as you can, it's better than gold (for all of you).