Freedoom with a stripped top goes for a little camping trip

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Freedoom with a stripped top goes for a little camping trip

Post by LEE SCHNEIDERMANN »

Just wanted to mention that on my last night out I camped in the middle of duck & goose central. For about an hour before & after sunset thousands of ducks & geese landed around the island I was on. Made for quite a racket untill dark.
The last picture was a couple of pelicans that came in late.
Lee
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can do math, and those who can't.
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

Lee
Once on a week long hunting trip to Colo I forgot my grill, I dug a small trench built my fire in it then cut some green aspen limbs and placed accross the edges of the pit when I wanted to cook,removed them after cooking. I used the same limbs for 6 days frying bacon eggs making coffe and they never burned into ,I bet willows would do the same thing.
Ron
LIGHT KEEPER'S KID
Type of boat I like: WADEFISH 15x32

Post by LIGHT KEEPER'S KID »

Great Report and Pics 8) That 5 o'clock pic is a keeper and no better way to spend that hour :wink:

Mike
The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
__Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

When we paddle and camp along Michigan's Au Sable River in spring, we watch those ducklings and goslings being raised. Canada geese are very attentive parents. I let my Granddaughter observe their Mom & Dad behavior when a pair of obtrusive fishermen tromped right through a large nesting area. She got to see how doting parents act.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN

Post by LEE SCHNEIDERMANN »

I agree Jack,
It's always easy to spot the surviving spouses during hunting season too. They fly around, honking for days, looking for thier mates. One reason I can't bring myself to shoot a goose, they mate for life.

Lee
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who can do math, and those who can't.
Dickie
Type of boat I like: Kayaks

Post by Dickie »

Thanks for the great pictures and for sharing a memory with us. Congrats on the trip. Especially love the one of the watch and bourbon! Dont know how much will be enjoyed during this laker build! ha ha ha
~~ Dickie ~~
"The BEST tool in the World is the Human mind"