Short evening trip on the Tualatin River

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Short evening trip on the Tualatin River

Post by craiggamesh »

At about 4:00 pm today, I decided i needed to do some paddling so I loaded up the Touring Pirogue and three fishing rods. I chose the Touring Pirogue over the Sabalo for this outing because, being built out of cedar and pine strips, it only weighs about 33 lbs. Much easier to lift by myself onto the roof top rack on the mini-van than the Sabalo. I usually use a trailer for the Sabalo, but it was being used for hauling household goods at the time.

I had pre-rigged the rods and did not bring any other tackle due to lack of time. With setting the clocks back an hour last night, darkness snuck up on me fast. As I was leaving the launch, a couple of kayakers were rapping up their outing and coming in.

I slowly went upstream casting my three different offerings at any logs, stumps, or other structure I could find.

I then lost daylight fast, but had a nice sunset. I also realized that I did not bring a flashlight when I had trouble with one of my reels.

I also dropped my camera in the water after this shot. :shock: :shock: Luckily, I had put the waterproof housing on it. When it hit the water it sunk deep and appeared to keep on going down. :x Then, it slowly started to rise back up to the surface and I paddled down stream and retrieved it. :D Apparently the housing made it just slightly positively buoyant because it seemed like forever for it to float back up. Well, it was a good test of the housing :)

Unfortunately, I did not catch any fish, but I am happy that I got out on the water.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.