Recent trip to the bayou

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Recent trip to the bayou

Post by Phishtech »

Had a chance to paddle my favorite bayou near my house last Friday the 19th and thought I'd share some of my pics with my friends here on the forum:

This alligator always lets me paddle up real close to him for pics and doesn't seem to mind at all. I parked the yak about 5 ft. from him and clicked away and he never moved.

This is a hurried shot of a Prothonotary Warbler, the first I've ever seen around here. Quite beautiful.

This in an imature Tri-colored Heron that I found soaking up the early morning sun.

Conditions were perfect for a paddle: cool temps and still waters that I had all to myself.

These are Redbud trees, although they have lavender/purple flowers in the Spring.
rhutchinson
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and Canoes.

Re: Recent trip to the bayou

Post by rhutchinson »

Thanks. Very nice pics. Our redbuds haven't started yet, but should any time. Please be carefull with the gator. I don't know much about them, but I bet they almost never mind as there next meal approaches!!!

[quote][This alligator always lets me paddle up real close to him for pics and doesn't seem to mind at all./quote]
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap !!!