The new graph works

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

The new graph works

Post by Darrells »

TxRiverRat and myself had some free time this afternoon so we headed to one of our local spots. I have been wanting to try out the graph for a couple of weeks now and have been too busy with work. We got on the water about 2 o'clock and paddled across to the far shore. The graph worked great, even shooting through a wood hull ( Lowrance said it would not work). The bite was a little slow but we did manage to catch 8 keepers.

They were all about this size.

TxRiverRat fishing one of the snaky sloughs. This is the area where a couple of years ago Ron got into a bunch of Water Moccasins during breeding season and it almost turned out bad.

Darrell Sykora
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: The new graph works

Post by OnkaBob »

Darrells wrote: Ron got into a bunch of Water Moccasins during breeding season and it almost turned out bad.
From what I've heard of those things that sounds like an understatement. :shock:

What type of fish is that in the pic Darrell?

...and what is the foam (or whatever) taped around the rods for?

(I know, I know - I'm nosy :D )
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

That is a Channel Catfish and the foam are rod floats in case a rod goes overboard. I do not consider questions as being nosy, if you want to know just ask. :D
Darrell Sykora
OnkaBob

Post by OnkaBob »

Thanks Darrell - that foam idea is really good. At present I use rod leashes, in fact I tie everything to the boat and that causes 2 problems:
- first the rod and paddle leashes are always interfering and tangling,
- second I worry that when I capsize (bound to happen eventually) I will be caught up in the mess of lines.
Just eliminating the rod leash will make all the difference.

Still need to keep the paddle leash though 'cos I need that to go chasing after the floating rods....... :roll: .

Hope you enjoyed that catfish :D .
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
David Kopera

Post by David Kopera »

Darrell,

Fabulous job on that boat... 8)

What kind of graph is that, and does the transducer mount through the bottom or do you just have it attached inside????

Is that whole set-up custom made by you or is that something you can get off the shelf somewhere???

Inquiring minds want to know!!!! :shock:

David
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

David,
That is a Scotty triple mount and a Scotty extension. The only thing I made is the block to raise it enough to clear the coaming. Here is a link to the installation.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3099

p.S.
It is a eagle Cuda 300 graph.
Darrell Sykora