Went camping at Lost Maples

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Went camping at Lost Maples

Post by Phishtech »

Left Deer Park, Tx June 11 and came back the 14th. We went to Lost Maples State Natural Area with a group of friends for a little R&R. The weather was pretty good for this time of year: wake up to lots of clouds and a stiff south wind, only to have the clouds burn off like clockwork at 2. I took a few pics to share and thought you might like to see some of the more beautiful parts of TEXAS.

This is a pic from an overlook on the road between Vanderpool and Leakey (pronounced Lakey) where Lance Armstrong trains. If you've ever drivin up this road to the top and back, you can see why Lance was so successful in the TDF.

What we call "the Hill Country" here in TEXAS has many spring fed creeks and rivers, this is a shot of how clear some of them are.

The next few pics will be shots of the Sabinal River.

This is the town lake in Utopia

This bad boy had an attitude to go along with the sharp horns

There is a lot of hay baled around Utopia

A Momma wild turkey with her babies

A Summer Taninger, this is the first one I've been close enough to for a pic

Don't know what this wild flower is, but it's pretty unusual

Our campsite
David Kopera
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Went camping at Lost Maples

Post by David Kopera »

Awesome pics....makes me want to go out there just to look around!!!
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Post by Phishtech »

If you ever come to TEXAS make sure you take the time to go to the Hill Country and spend a few days. There are some awsome places up there (that's why land prices in the HC are out the roof) that'll take your breath away. Plus, I can't explain it, but there is a "peacefulness" that permeates the Hill Country. If you're ever over this way, look me up. Phishtech
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Some outstanding territory , the water is clear and it appears that life is the easy style with some country tossed in , A Cow Bell on a Gate. :D
The way the camp ground did the picnic tables offers visibility but some privacy when sitting there , well thought out for a campers relaxation.

Chuck......
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
Bellybuster
Type of boat I like: pirogues kayaks

Post by Bellybuster »

beautiful pics!!! That plant looks like it maybe in the milkweed family, I can't find it in either of my books