First Fish in my Wadefish

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

First Fish in my Wadefish

Post by PiratePete »

I beat my mate to the ramp this morning & set up the Wadefish & went for a little peddle up towards the Spirit of Tasmania Terminal. I flicked out a soft plastic & trolled it behind. I saw my mate turn up so i turned round went back to the ramp. As I got into shouting distance the rod gave a little ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz & I had the first fish hooked out of my new boat. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I wound in a nice little cocky salmon & not thinking about it being the first fish & only after a few min in the water I let him go without actually getting it in the boat. My mate did see me get it so it still counts.

Back to the ramp & the mate gets set up. We head out to the mouth of the river. I throw out the SP again & with in a few metres I get another bite. :D :D :D I started to wind him in with one big leap he threw the hook. . . . Starting to think this is gunna be a good day.

We get out to the mouth & give way to this big red thing.

We headed to the eastern side of the mouth & through the 3 foot breaking wave of the wake. The Wadefish just punched straight through with water all over the front deck & even though there isnt any seal around the front hatch I didnt get any water in. . . :D :D :D :D

We set up & started bottom bashing for Flathead. The mate got a couple of small ones on blue bait & I was using SP Jigs. We shifted spots a couple of times & then I got the first one.

This is the first fish boated in the Wadefish :D :D :D :D a just over size Flathead.

I ended up getting 3 more with the last being under size.

We headed back in & I set up trolling. I went back up where I got the first Cocky Salmon & as I got almost back to the ramp I got another. . . . So I kept him to go with the 3 size flathead. . .

Back at the we packed up & I had to answer some questions from some interested tourists who saw the Wadefish in action . . . . . . .

All in all not bad day even if the fish were a bit slow . . . . . . . . . but the new boat can CATCH FISH :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
preacher
Type of boat I like: Cape Fear SOT

Re: First Fish in my Wadefish

Post by preacher »

WTG!

Fish slime, the best cure-all for man!
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by craiggamesh »

Good job on sliming the boat! Also, get used to being asked about the wood boat. Everywhere I go, I get asked about mine. The plastic boat people never get the attention 8)

What kind of seat are you using with the mirage drive?
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
PiratePete

Post by PiratePete »

craiggamesh wrote:Good job on sliming the boat! Also, get used to being asked about the wood boat. Everywhere I go, I get asked about mine. The plastic boat people never get the attention 8)
LOL I also have a Polycraft Boat made the same way as the poly kayaks. . . . I get asked about that too by Ally & Glass boat owners.
craiggamesh wrote:What kind of seat are you using with the mirage drive?
I am using a seat like this.

But Im not quite happy with the setup yet. I find I want to lay back more than you do when paddling & the small of you back hits the hard edge of the seat back that you dont normally do.

Last time out I slipped a bit of ply in behind the straps.

This feels a heap better so I need to think of something more permanent, but if anyone has any ideas Im open to suggestions. :D :D
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Bemm 52 »

Can't offer any suggestions for your seat cos I've never used a Mirage drive :oops: ...................but your boat looks great I particularly like the way you've set up your rudder control between your legs............... seems more natural to where Hobie place them on the side.
Any idea of weight of boat
Cheers paul
PiratePete

Post by PiratePete »

Bemm 52 wrote:Can't offer any suggestions for your seat cos I've never used a Mirage drive :oops: ...................but your boat looks great I particularly like the way you've set up your rudder control between your legs............... seems more natural to where Hobie place them on the side.
Any idea of weight of boat
Cheers paul
Thanks Bemm

It was the only place to put it :oops: :oops: :oops: I didnt want it up on the side as I wanted them clean so not as to tangle up any lines etc.

Now I have used the boat a couple of time it works well both left & right handed.

As for weight it comes in at 2Kgs with the rod holders, inspection hatch & rudder ready to put in the water. Then add the Hobie Drive, seat & fishing gear.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

2kgs.......... :shock: :shock: :shock: wow you build light :lol: :lol: :lol: if you ment 20kgs thats an excellent result I think I over built mine which is crazy after my sabalo being a bit heavy too. :roll: :lol: :lol:
PiratePete

Post by PiratePete »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oooooops its 27Kgs Bemm