Texas Youth Hunting Weekend withmy Daughter

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Texas Youth Hunting Weekend withmy Daughter

Post by Darrells »

We went to the lease for Youth weekend and had a great time. I told her Friday evening this was her weekend and she could shoot what she wanted to. We got in the stand Saturday morning and as soon as the feeder went off deer were everywhere. We had a lot of activity throughout the morning. About nine o'clock this guy showed and I figured for sure she would want to shoot him, but she looked at him for a few minutes and said we should let him grow-up another year.;)b

We hunted awhile longer and decide to head in and get some breakfast. We went back out about 2:30 and it was allittle slower than the morning but still saw quite a few deer. Right at dark a group of hogs showed up and she let the biggest sow have it with her 25-06.

It was a great shot at 135 yds.to be so close to dark. She really suprised me when we got back to camp and she said she wanted to take care of it. So Dad got to sit back have a beer and do just a little coaching on how to gut an animal.

Can't wait to do it again.
Darrell Sykora
Mick
Type of boat I like: Kayaks and canoes

Re: Texas Youth Hunting Weekend withmy Daughter

Post by Mick »

G'day Darrel,

It seems to me that you are doing a fine job with your daughter. You are giving her valuable lessons that she will carry with her for the rest of her life.

She is one lucky young woman and a fine shot too.

Well done.

BTW, Your hogs look very similar to our razor back pigs.
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

More people should go out & see where real food comes from.

Top Effort :D :D :D :D
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

Thank Y'all, she had a really good time.
Darrell Sykora