Cast n Blast (with no blast)

Share your photos of outing with your boat!
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Cast n Blast (with no blast)

Post by Darrells »

I had asked Ron about fishing Sunday but he had Family in town so I had to go it alone. I did not get off to a real early start this morning. I arrived at the River about 7:15 or so and was greeted with pretty low and murky water conditions. I brought my shotgun along on this trip but the Ducks were a no show so I preceded down stream in search of bait. I seined and threw a cast net without much luck ( about 20 more than normal minnows). I put three on a hook with a float set about four feet deep and fished the edge of a rapid/drop off and caught a couple of Gaspers which quickly became cut bait. I set off to fish a few holes that are pretty reliable producers without any luck at all. About 12:00 I decided to untie and head for one more spot about a mile and a half farther downstream before calling it a day. I pulled up and decided to bank fish for awhile to stretch my legs. Got the first rod holder and pole set out and almost immediately a hard hit. After a small fight I landed the first Blue of the day. I set back out and caught several more nice chunky Blues. About 1:00 my small spinning reel bends over and starts laying drag hard so I grab it and the fight was on. After 10 or so minutes I landed my second best Blue. Pretty well died after that so I fished another 45 minutes or so and started the long paddle back.

First spot I stopped for to gather bait. River is pretty dirty after the rains.

Was not much wing today.

Striger is getting heavy.

Back at the take-out.

The big fish had been injured at some point in time.

Catfish will eat anything including other catfish.

The fish protector hard at work. No one will steal a piece while she is on Duty.

What the fish weighed:
27-7
6-9
6-6
6-2
5-3
Darrell Sykora
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Cast n Blast (with no blast)

Post by Darrells »

Done.

Darrell Sykora
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Cast n Blast (with no blast)

Post by jem »

you need my shipping address?
-Matt. Designer.