laker 14 ready to start

Per request from the many Laker builders, the section is dedicated to braggin' about your Laker kayak.
cridgie down under

laker 14 ready to start

Post by cridgie down under »

Hi Matt plans arrived last week all A okay have spent a lot of time on a read up and am very happy with what i see ,
concise and very clear, easy to read etc, great work Matt.
one small query re bulkheads 1, 2, 3, 4, how many of each do i cut out , my ply is nominal 4mm(3.6mm) by micrometer,
and correct me if im wrong 1 & 2 do not need to be left in as an integral part of the yak ?
just finished plotting the nesting of ply sheet no 1 and plans are so easy to follow ,had a mate from our club "plywood pirates " Q.a. my measurements and has given me thumbs up to cut .
By now in lakers lair you have a lot of pics of stages of consruction so i will only submit my progress if you think it could be of benefit to others.
regards from down under and many thanks to you and all at gem watercraft, hairy mick,olsnappa,etc
If i can build half as good as you guys i will be quite happy.
regards ray
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: laker 14 ready to start

Post by jem »

One each of the frames. None of them have to be left in as part of the hull. You do need some braces for the deck if not leaving any frames in. Plans show you how to install those.

Share all the photos you'd like! The more builders share, even repeat photos, the more others learn. Teamwork baby! :lol:
-Matt. Designer.