Best Laker accessory

Per request from the many Laker builders, the section is dedicated to braggin' about your Laker kayak.
john the pom
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Best Laker accessory

Post by john the pom »

Tried to upload a photo, site wouldn't accept it, too many pixies apparently :shock: and found it all too hard to resize it.
However if you look at http://www.quiversail.com/quiversail/home.html
You will get the idea. It certainly wasn't mine.Then buy a sheet of vinyl, visqueen, or strong polythene. Two sturdy sticks about 1/2 x 3/4". Rectangular is best as it can get a little hard to hang onto. A roll of duct tape. Mine came in at about 4' wide top. 18" wide bottom and 3'3" high. Took it out today to play with in light to moderate wind. Great fun. Can sail downwind, and at 90 degrees to the wind either direction. Now I'm waiting for one of those days when I would have said "way too hard paddling in that wind, I'll stay home" :D
Laker prefers to sit side on to the wind when not being paddled and it sailed very well and straight at 90 degrees across the wind, either direction. This really suits the Passage where I do my salt water thing. Can only imagine it being better on a lake where there are no tidal races to contend with. $5, you can't lose. Give it a try.
Regards John.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Re: Best Laker accessory

Post by Oldsparkey »

Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler
john the pom
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Best Laker accessory

Post by john the pom »

Thanks mate, I actually meant a pic of the one I made, however that does make things clearer.
Regards John.