Can't log in

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!

Can't log in

Post by guest »

Hmmm, I registered and was told I would receive emaill to confirm. Never did. My user name(ross61) and email address are correct, but I can't log in and when I tried to retrieve my password, was told that the account was inactive. Help??

Ross
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

The answer is simple: We don't like you. Go away.

LOL! Kidding of course! :D

Try logging in again. For some reason you user name was set as inactive. E-mail me if you still have problems and I'll reset your password.
-Matt. Designer.

Post by Guest »

Ouch!!

Does this mean I can't order any plans? Hmmm... :D

Thinking about the Townsend and the Escape for a quick summer project. Wife wants a basic canoe. Is the Townsend the most stable design and/or easiest build. I want both qualities. Is the escape also an easy build. I am not really woried as much about build difficulty as much as I am time to build. I have other commitments this summer, but I miss boatbuilding most of all. - Thanks JEM (it's Matt right?)

Ross
ross61
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by ross61 »

Hmmmmmmm!!!

Guess you'll have to reset my password or something. I can now log in, but I'm not recognized or ???? Is this virtual discrimination??? :D

Ross

Edit:: Never mind seems to work now - I'll quit bothering you - or as soon as my above questions are answered, I order plans, start building, finish and launch - then I'll quit bothering.

Thanks

Ross
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

Anonymous wrote:Ouch!!

Does this mean I can't order any plans? Hmmm... :D

Thinking about the Townsend and the Escape for a quick summer project. Wife wants a basic canoe. Is the Townsend the most stable design and/or easiest build. I want both qualities. Is the escape also an easy build. I am not really woried as much about build difficulty as much as I am time to build. I have other commitments this summer, but I miss boatbuilding most of all. - Thanks JEM (it's Matt right?)

Ross

Townsend is the easiest and mighty stable. Buc X tra wide takes the prize for most stability but is a more involved in building. Escape is a little tougher than a Townsend but just a bit.
-Matt. Designer.
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

ross61 wrote: I'll quit bothering you - or as soon as my above questions are answered, I order plans, start building, finish and launch - then I'll quit bothering.

Thanks

Ross

Stop.........don't.......stop......don't...stop...don't...stop...don't stop, don't stop! :P
-Matt. Designer.
ross61
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by ross61 »

Ok,

I've narrowed my canoe choices down to two - Townsend and Merrimac.

I guess you win as far as the canoe goes (I've been looking at other sites too) My understanding is that the Merrimac will be more maneuvarable, both should be comparably stable and easy to build. Is this a fair assesment?

Now as far as the other boat goes, I am down to deciding between the Escape and Michelak's Toto. Can you give some of your ideas on how these designs compare for stability, ease of build, performance and any other areas you think may be relevant? To be honest, at this point I feel I can't goo wrong either way, but the input will help make a decision.

Thanks again Matt,

Ross
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

Well it's like deciding whether to go to the Rcok Bottom Cafe or Major Goolsy's after an Admiral's game....you can't go wrong. I grew in up Cudahy. :wink:

Merrimac will turn a little easier and is less of a flat bottom than the Townsend. It has those higher points at the bows so the wind will grab it a little harder.

As far as Escape Vs. Toto, well that's a tough call. They are pretty different. Displacement amounts will be much different.

If I had to speak for the Toto I'd say it's been built by many, should be very stable, looks straightforward to build. Concerns I'd have: The nose sticks up in the air a bit and you'll get blown around, the square back will not be as an efficient paddler. I've not seen one up close to give a better impression/evaluation.

Escape is a lot shorter but will track very nice with the keel.

What kind of paddling is the Escape/Toto intended for?

I've sold a few Escape plans but no pics or reports from builders. If you build the Escape and get me some pics of it in action, I'll refund the cost of the plans.
-Matt. Designer.
ross61

Post by ross61 »

Thanks Matt,

Kind of a wash for me betwen the two, but I like the idea of being one of the first to build an escape.

I have placed my order for a short Townsend and a long Escape 8)

Ross
ross61

Post by ross61 »

Another question Matt -

You can tell by now I'm going to be a real pain in the a$$!!

Do either of the plans I ordered include instructions for making one's own paddles?

Ross