Okume Marine BS1088

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
tk74du
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Okume Marine BS1088

Post by tk74du »

I am in Durham NC building the GV-17 and I would like to purchase 8 sheets of the good stuff (Okume Marine BS1088) or some reasonable facsimile. My options at this point are to purchase from Jacques Mertens' supplier (high $ for shipping) or a road trip down east (high $ for gas). Anyone got a local supplier for said products?

Thanks,
TK
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Check Harbor Sales. They will deliver to a businees location for free in North Carolina. If you don't have somewhere you can get it delivered, let me know. I'll pay for a couple extra sheets on the order and I have a place in Burlington it can be delivered. We can meet up somewhere in the middle.

http://www.harborsales.net/

Or get a hold of Eric at Rainbow Boat Works. His shipping is very reasonable since he uses DHL now. He has an order he's shipping to me in the next couple days. I'm sure he'd throw in some additional blank sheets. http://www.rainbowboats.com/ . I sent Eric an e-mail to see if could send the wood with my order.
-Matt. Designer.
tk74du
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tk74du »

Thanks Matt,

I checked with Harbor Sales and I can have my order sent to Duke University on "common carrier" no shipping charge. Which, I guess is cool as long as it dosen't get all scrapped up. Also thier price looks much better than the quoted online price at Bateau2 ($52.88 vs. $65.30). At any rate, thank you very much for your help, I'll be posting pictures at bateau soon (I hope). Hope all is well in the G'bro town (my old stomping grounds).

Thanks Again,

Tony
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Glad I could help.

All is well in 'Da Boro'.
-Matt. Designer.