are the plans available

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
flippinover
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

are the plans available

Post by flippinover »

hey new to the site here. Been reading it for months now and find it quite worthy to goin so here I am (that was a compliment) :lol: . Anyway if this is a repeat question I am sorry. Are the plans available for the pirogue that hairymick built? I was thinking about a SOT for fishing the shallow inshore gulf. But I got to thinking about weight of the SOT vs. the pirogue. A lighter boat could be thrown into my dorry and motored across the bigger open water to the flats. I weight in at a slim 240 will this boat handle me and gear? Any information asked or not asked as always will be helpful.
-ply on frame outboard dory-
-tack and tape jonboat-
-pirogue-
Hmmm......what next?
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

You mean the asymetrical shaped one? Not just yet but give me a couple days and I'll post them up.

The drawings are actually ready so I could send. Just purchase one of these http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail.php?prod=Smpl and make a note to send the asymetrical version.
-Matt. Designer.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Purchase a Sit-Backer canoe seat: http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail ... =SitBacker

and I'll send those pirogue plans for free. :wink:
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Heya Flippinover,

Welcome aboard mate, and thank you! :D

I weigh around 200 pounds and take a heap of gear and a heavy cooler (I eat a lot) fishing with me and my boat handles it well.

My boat is a very good fishing platforme, that paddles at least as well as most of the better plastic SOTS, is a drier ride and way more comfortable.

Mate, If I could only ever build one boat, Matts Assymetrical pirogue would be it.
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
stevesteve

Post by stevesteve »

Mick,
Not only is it practical but the one that you built is a pretty boat too!
Cheers,
Steve