BHC

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
NeilJ
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

BHC

Post by NeilJ »

Hey Matt,

I know I am supposed to finish my DK Dingy before I start thinking about the next boat BUT, maybe you can just answer a few questions about your BHC, not that I am thinking about it at all until the dingy is finished. How closely does it follow the lines of an Adirondac guide boat? How much extra work would it be to make the bow and stern plumb? or perhaps even recurved? Did the guy you designed it for ever build it? send you some pictures?
Thanks in advance.

Neil
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

The BHC is along the lines of the Guideboat except longer and a little more "canoe-ish"

Only pictures I have are of a hull in construction:

However, I do have a stitch and glue Guideboat that I'd like to publish:

-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

DOWN MICK! Stifle yourself!

Sit; stay. Good boy.

sigh
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
NeilJ

Post by NeilJ »

The BHC pics look good! The S&G Guide boat!!! That might look great skimming across the Bama Gulf Coast looking for dolphins and kind of hoping the surf kicks up. Not that I am even thinking about another boat.

Another question about this style of boat. What about a little sail and a leeboard or perhaps even a daggerboard to take advantage of some wind?
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

The guideboat shape is not finalized. Keep that in mind for the next statements:

For a traditional shaped guideboat, the sides are only 12". For this reason, they would not make the best sail boats. If you look at websites that sell guideboat and guideboat kits, they rarely offer a sailing set up.

The BHC would do pretty good as a sailing canoe. The sides/depth is higher.
-Matt. Designer.