Silk Sheets

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
pogue3one
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Silk Sheets

Post by pogue3one »

I was looking at a thread and can't remember which one. The topic was running a silk piece of cloth through a computer printer to get a glassable image. does anyone know where one might acquire such a sheet. Or do you just buy silk and tape it to a 8.5x11 sheet before running it through a printer?
Wadefish (complete)
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

-Matt. Designer.
dangermouse01
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by dangermouse01 »

Heavy Silky Paper.
I was able to find it at one of the art supply stores in my area. Only one store in my area carries it, so you may have to do some looking if you want it local.

DM
Kayak Jack
Design Reviewer

Post by Kayak Jack »

I've epoxied in several sheets of paper on boats. Just standard paper works. Silk would likely look neater, though.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.