Question about Pontoon Build

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
Profezzur
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Question about Pontoon Build

Post by Profezzur »

Hi Folks

I'm almost done with building the pontoon with the plans from the site and I've run into a bit of a conumdrum.

I've read the plans a good dozen times now (read twice glue once?) and can't find the instructions on how one is to attach the deck to the pontoons. I can't imagine one would use screws because the pontoons aren't thick enough for a good hold but at the same time, I have a hard time believing that fiberglass and resin would be a strong enough hold.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks! :?:
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Step #25.

Fiberglass and epoxy is very strong. You could glue a couple of 45-degree angled cleats to either side of the beam and glue them in to place. Then fiberglass over that.

Wow those instructions are dated. Might have to add some more detail to get it on par with the other plans. But the price is sure right. :P :wink:
-Matt. Designer.
Profezzur
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Profezzur »

:oops: Thanks for pointing that out. :oops: