JEM Watercraft technique questions.

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
FlaMike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by FlaMike »

Turns out my epoxy problem is actually a "non-problem."

I cleaned that sticky jug off and put it in another plastic bag overnight. This morning, it was still clean, no sign of leakage.

A call to Raka was made, and I was told that this does happen once in a while, usually a result of the way the box was handled during shipping. When I found the box, I couldn't tell at first who it was from, as the box was sitting upside down.

So, as far as I'm concerned, Raka stays on my "#1 suppliers list." :D

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Well the unfortunate part is this has been a problem on and off and quite frankly it's embarrassing. :oops:

Larry, the owner, is out of the office and the office personell who I spoke with (who knew about the arrangement in the past and yet somehow now have amnesia about it) weren't any help.

So I may have to discontinue recommending them in light of having other vendors who are more than happy to work with my customers.

I'll do an audit and perhaps having this program isn't worth the hassle. It might be easier to simply just list the material and provide a list of possible vendors. If I can't ensure the same level of service and benefit from being a JEM Watercraft customer off this site, then I'm not going to endorse any particular vendor.

Let's just let this issue rest in this part of the thread until I get things worked. I don't want to have it turned into a for-or-against any particular vendor. The fact that a company taking a product order can't apply a simple discount just has me irritated to no end.
-Matt. Designer.
FlaMike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by FlaMike »

I completely understand your position, Matt.

In fact, this particular thread has wandered way off topic. I've gotten good information from it, and have read a large part of the Builder's Log section, too. So, I don't think I'll be adding anything more in this thread.

I will be posting a "build thread," myself when the time comes. I'm sure I'll have more questions at that time. :D

Still tracking down the plywood, I'm now sure I'll be able to get something that will suit my needs. (Before, I was having my doubts. . . )

The last thing on my list of things to acquire is a set of plans :lol: .

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

Matt
I understand how u feel
But after working 30 people at once I have to admitt it was always a struggle I would sugest you give Larry a chance to straighten his own house up first before u made a decision.
Just a thought
Ron
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

this has been going on for some time and I've been tolerating it. We're a crossroads. Can't go straight like we've been. Have to choose left or right.
-Matt. Designer.