G'day from Australia

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!

G'day from Australia

Post by Guest »

G'day fellers,

Just bought the drawings for the Swampgirl 16 and pretty excited. probably will be asking lots of questions as I go along.

There is nothing quite like this little beauty out here and is certain to turn a few heads when she finally hits the water. Will post lots of pics of various stages of construction (If I can work out how to do it. :oops: )

regards,

Mick
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

Mick

This is oldsparkey and if you like the Swamp Girl as much as I do when you get yours made, you will be one happy paddler.

The girl was designed for quiet water, stability, easy paddling and just some good times on the water. If you keep your center of gravity low in her she will do anything you ask her.

One way to do that is with the seat I designed for pirogues and it works even better in her when padling. Low center of gravity , a back rest and just good old fashion comfort while on the water.
Plus the seat is easy to make. http://www.unclejohns.com/boat/seat/default.htm

I have loaded Swamp Girl with myself, camping gear, food, water and some luxuries and we have made all of the trips and had a blast doing them both in camp and on the water.

She is easy to make and more fun to paddle. :D I always thank Matt for his hard work in desiging her for me everytime I paddle her. Good friends and boat designers like Matt are hard to find today but we know where to find the best.... Right here :D

Mick.
If Matt does not mind ( I will bet he never knew I had this saved :D ) here is what started the whole process........
http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=398 if you will bypass the BS, which we are good at on my forum.

Down to the final wire ............and how I did it..
http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=673

Chuck.
http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/ (southernpaddler forum)
Don't worry Matt is a member and on there more then me , or as much :wink:
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler

Post by Guest »

Hi Oldsparky,
Thanks for the reply and the links mate.

I don't know what is going on here. I registered on this forum with username hairymick and enter same in the user name box at the top of the post but every time I go to submit, It comes with with that user name is allready being used. Is there another hairymick here?

I'm not very computor literate so I am probably doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. Can you help please.

Is there a provision on this forum to post pics?

regards,
Mick
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Mick,

I show your user name as being active and has no issues. Can you log in ok?

If not, I can reset your password.

Also, I treid out the Firefox (Mozilla) browser last night and I couldn't stay logged in with it. So I'll have to look into that as well.
-Matt. Designer.
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Hi Jem,

Can log in OK, will try again & see what happens.
Mate, the more I look at the SG the more I like it. Can't wait to get started.

regards,
Mick (hairymick)
Regards,
Mick

JEMWATERCRAFT Swampgirl; Wadefish;Touring Pirogue;South Wind; P5 ;
Laker X 2, Sasquatch 16.5 T-V 15 Okwata 15:
Cobia 15 (under construction)
hairymick
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by hairymick »

Hi again, Seems all good now, thanks mate. :oops: :D :D :D

regards,

Mick
Regards,
Mick

Tweedie

Login first

Post by Tweedie »

Mick,

I think the problem you are having is that you need to login first brfore trying to reply to a post. If you just hit the Reply button before logging and then enter your user name it won't let you because the name Hairymick is already in the system (it is you). I have had this happen to me before as well and that is what I was doing wrong.

Tweedie
hairymick
Design Reviewer

Post by hairymick »

Hi Matt,
is this the first swampgirl for Australia? If so I am certain it wont be the last. I have jown some pics to my mates and it has impressed the hell out of em.

As I said before, there is nothing like it available out here. Have ordered my plywood today - 3mm hoop pine and I can't wait to get started. I'm getting really excited about this. :D

regards,

Mick
Regards,
Mick