Sabalo vs Wadefish

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
Tor
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Sabalo vs Wadefish

Post by Tor »

I can't keep the inside of my SouthWind clean when fishing so I'm considering a SOT, the Cape Fear is too heavy and it's the 15' Wadefish I'm looking at along with the Sabalo.

So what's the difference?

I'll sacrifice speed for stability, both appear to be great fishing platforms, the occasional little paddler may be on board but as we're already 40 odd kilos we won't be little for long...

I'll be using this in sheltered bays and estuaries and will experience choppy water especially when the stink boats are about.

Still have the Sasquatch to finish so may be a few months before this gets going, experience and comments welcome as usual.

Tor
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Sabalo vs Wadefish

Post by Bemm 52 »

Having built both I would highly recommend Sabalo
Tor

Post by Tor »

Bemm 52 wrote:Having built both I would highly recommend Sabalo
Thanks Bemm, a direct comparison is always of value.

Just looking around and noted that the Bluefin SOT is lurking too.

Matt, how does this stack up? Any stats or drawings available?

Thanks,

Tor
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

The bluefin threw a curve ball at me in that the lower-most panels have a pretty severe bend and they are not that wide of panels. My concern is cheap plywood, which becoming more popular as a canoe/kayak building material, is going to disappoint a lot of builders when they make that twist.

I intentionally stopped working on it to give it time to digest in my head. Then life got busy on me. But starting tomorrow, the boat plans production rate should improve.
-Matt. Designer.