Epoxy supplies in sydney

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
Barneseye
Type of boat I like: Building a Merrimac.

Epoxy supplies in sydney

Post by Barneseye »

Call to any Sydneysiders out there.
I'm trying to steer my old man in the direction of building himself a boat rather than buying something.
He's not into canoes so I've got him looking at boatplansdk.
Any hints on where to get epoxy resin and ply from around sydney, and any ballpark prices he might expect would be muchly appreciated.
rodot
Type of boat I like: Okwata kayak

Re: Epoxy supplies in sydney

Post by rodot »

Hi Mate.

Drive Marine on the south side and Trend Timbers near Windsor are agents for Boatcraft Pacific which is pretty competetive. I got my stuff at Trend Timbers. Check out the Boat craft Pacific website. http://boatcraft.com.au/index.html

Cheers
Roger
Okwata LC,
Northwind,
Quetico
_AL_
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by _AL_ »

I got a quote just today for a 6kg kit of epoxy from FGI in Brookvale (5kg resin & 1kg hardner). $116.
I've been using this for my world record slowest Freedom build & so far no complaints. They are pleasant enough to deal with & happy to give advice.

I bought my last batch of Okume ply from Sydney Wood Industries in Monavale. http://www.sydneywood.com.au/
The guys in the office were ... shall we say..... not very helpful but the guys on the floor were fantastic. I paid $55 a sheet but that was 2 years ago so may be more now.

I hope this helps.

Al
Barneseye
Type of boat I like: Building a Merrimac.

Post by Barneseye »

Thanks guys.
We'll turn him to dark side yet!! :twisted: :twisted:
HAHAHAHA......