Table Saw???

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
wilded
Type of boat I like: Kayak

Table Saw???

Post by wilded »

I realize that this may be an oxymoron but what is the most inexpensive table saw that you would recommend for cutting strips? Thanks for your opinion. ET
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: Table Saw???

Post by tx river rat »

Wilded
I use a cheap 100.00 on sale harbor freight saw with a rip blade on it.
Ron
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

for smaller cuts like for wood strip, spend the money on a good, THIN, kerf blade.
-Matt. Designer.
wilded

Post by wilded »

jem wrote:for smaller cuts like for wood strip, spend the money on a good, THIN, kerf blade.
Already bought thin kerf carbide blades, just looking for the right saw deal. :wink:
tx river rat
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by tx river rat »

That is the kind of blade I am talking about ,I just used the wrong terminology
Ron.
wilded

Post by wilded »

tx river rat wrote:That is the kind of blade I am talking about ,I just used the wrong terminology
Ron.
For those of you that use them Home depot has on sale a 2 pack of the Diablo 7 1/2" 24-tooth 1/16 kerf carbide tipped blades for $9.97 through 6/23
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

I bought a $100 Lowe's special a few years ago and it's done a good job. But the more robust saw you get, the better assurance you'll have of getting consistent cuts.

Woodtek and Grizzly are supposedly good brands.
-Matt. Designer.
Bellybuster
Type of boat I like: pirogues kayaks

Post by Bellybuster »

If you do go with a inexpensive "hobby" saw, I highly recommend building your own quality fence. The fence that comes with the cheaper saws is crapola and will be the biggest pain.
craiggamesh

Post by craiggamesh »

wilded wrote:
tx river rat wrote:That is the kind of blade I am talking about ,I just used the wrong terminology
Ron.
For those of you that use them Home depot has on sale a 2 pack of the Diablo 7 1/2" 24-tooth 1/16 kerf carbide tipped blades for $9.97 through 6/23

I love those blades. I was recently ripping Oak boards with one and it went through them like butter. The same blade cut my cedar strips like it was cutting through air.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

It's hard to beat that Diablo blade.
Darrell Sykora