QA dimentions

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
makenmend
Type of boat I like: kayak canoe

QA dimentions

Post by makenmend »

Matt down scaleing laker 13' to 12' using 11'' reference lines, just realized QA 1 & 2 no longer relevant, what or how do I do to get the correct QA dimentions.

MM
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: QA dimentions

Post by jem »

shoot me an email and I'll get them later today.
-Matt. Designer.
makenmend

Post by makenmend »

Matt sending these pics here as am unable to attach to email. this is the set up scarfing side panels at 145 3/8'' with 1 3/16'' offset[img]http://i469.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img]

this is the lower panels being scarfed [img]http://i469.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img]

the only purpose of the ruler in earlier pictures was to illustrate the shape of the panel not how I set my diamentions, hope this makes sence.

MM
makenmend

Post by makenmend »

Lower panels are fine using the revised QA measurements, but the shape of the sides look weird,the sides were Ok with QA 1 before splicing but as i say weird with QA 2.

MM
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by OnkaBob »

Hi MM,

Not sure if there is an issue or not as I can't see the other end of the panels in your photo but it appears from what is showing that there may be a problem with the way you have spliced the sides. The top of the side panels should curve down at each end, yours appear to go up. This is a problem that has occurred before and results from having the offset in the wrong direction when setting up. Don't have the plans with me at the moment but as I recall it the method of aligning the panels is to run a string line from point to point and then set the centre at a particular distance from the string. The string should be over the panels when taking this measurement but sometimes people have it out in mid air so the joined panel curves the wrong way.

If they are wrong don't panic - it is quite fixable.

Have a look at this page in Bruce's build. The first photo of the sides shows them how I think you have yours. Further down the page they are corrected.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2549

If yours are not touching each other at both ends then they don't have this problem - I just can't tell for sure because the buckets are in the way.

Good luck with the build, hope the scaling works out.
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Can you provide a better view of the side panels and where you measured from for the QA2 check?
-Matt. Designer.