Help re glassing of Wadefish

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Help re glassing of Wadefish

Post by goanywhere »

Hi all. I have ordered my plans for the Wadefish 15-32. I am now trying to work out how much fibreglass and resin I will need, but I am a bit confused about whether I need to glass all of the hull and deck, inside and outside. I find different approaches in different forums and tutorials I have seen. What is the best approach to take here? I want to have a strong construction but also not too heavy.
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
Whirly
Type of boat I like: 18-36 Trapper

Re: Help re glassing of Wadefish

Post by Whirly »

G'Day Mate and welcome. You'll find all the answers when your plans arrive :lol: Matt will have included a bill of materials which will provide all the materials and quantities of same, for your build. Glassing both inside and out is the norm for most of the builds. If you browse through the Builders logs, tips and tricks and other areas of the forum, you'll learn a heap and be almost be full-bottle by the time the plans get to you :D ....Happy building
goanywhere

Post by goanywhere »

Thanks Whirly. I guess I'm getting anxious and excited. Like a kid waiting for Christmas! :lol:
Whirly

Post by Whirly »

...yeah, know the feeling. Mate, go to the top of the page and open the canoe plans and select Wadefish SOT from the list. There's two sizes, click on the Wadefish 15-32 and you'll find a list of materials required for your build. You can start collecting all the bits you need while waiting for the plans to arrive- not sure why I didn't think of that first :roll:
goanywhere

Post by goanywhere »

Bingo! What a find. I have found a fellow living locally who has everything needed to build a Saballo but decided not to build it and wants to sell all the gear. I don't need the plans, but he has almost everything else I need to build the Wadefish, at about half the price I was budgeting to pay. That means I will be able to afford a decend orbital sander.

God is good!
Whirly

Post by Whirly »

now that's a bonus :mrgreen: . Post plenty of pics as you go along. Good luck with the build.............