lack of active comments

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Re: lack of active comments

Post by PiratePete »

Do you have any more pics of your build :?: :?: :?: :?:
OnkaBob
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by OnkaBob »

john the pom wrote: looked like a fat lady in a gstring.
I don't dare ask how you know what that looks like :shock: .

I understood you had made some mods based on your comments at AKFF but the extent is amazing. What with the Laker mods and now this you're the Dr Moreau of S and G boat building! :lol:

Good stuff though.
Cheers, Bob

Laker 13 - christened and slimed (just).
Laker accessories underway.
john the pom
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by john the pom »

Sorrry pete no more pics and I'm 10.000 miles from home for a while so there won't be any updates for quite a while now.
Hi Bob, I probably weigh half of what some of these blokes weigh so I can probably get away with chopping what I consider to excess bits and pieces. That will limit the use of the boat to me and other little folk. :mrgreen: A lot of it is about weight and the ability to lift the boat on and off the roof of the car with ease. The lighter it is the more likely/often it will get used. I do not work neatly so I know that I will add weight, particularly on seams. My fillets tend to be more like pours. Lowering the sides and decks should help a bit with wind issues. I do however risk changing the dynamics of the design. I suppose it all comes down to what you want a boat to look like, and I figure the best time to do something about that is while it is being built. The laker is perfect starting out point and this one is a result of the things that did not suit me and how I will be using it.
Cheers John.
ps. :| Doctor Moreau is not taking appointments so I guess no one can help me.
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

And hey if we're talking about a need for more active comments, what about a 15' x 24" Okwata (current version with paneled decks not rounded)? :P
-Matt. Designer.