how are you filling your time

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
Ossie Bruce
Type of boat I like: OKWATA.

Re: how are you filling your time

Post by Ossie Bruce »

mick,
With all your experance you shold know the black side goes down???.

My Okwata has little use also as work after Yassi ( and doing freebyes for rellys-I am a plumber) has been bussy, should ease off now I hope, I am wating on a new carport being built and then a strip Okwata (Craig relying on you for any tip's-advise) and maby a sot after, and some fishing as well temp here is 19-26c most days so still ok
Ossie Bruce OKWATA Wet at last
North Queensland
Australia
neon14
Type of boat I like: SUP hybrid kayak

Post by neon14 »

Gonna put the boats up this weekend and do some land speed racing! http://www.texasmile.net/

I don't actually race but my sister does. Im just pit crew. She is currently the 3rd fastest female in the world on a motorcycle.
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

Hi craiggamesh. Thanks for the Sobalo sell! Yes, the more I look (and salivate!!) over the Sabalo pics that are posted here the more I can't wait to get into it. I think it has all the features of a great fishing and touring kayak, with the lines to make it a great sailing yak as well. The long built-in skeg is the feature that won me in that department, along with the stern ready made for a rudder.

I will post pics of the amas I build as I go, hopefully you might find them worth considering.
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Bemm 52 »

Goanywhere
Your post sparked my memory.......... the reason you see 2 rails in the cockpit supports in my Sabalo build pics is because the inner ones are to Matts drawings but I wanted a wider storage compartment under there. So I glued in another set of rails and cut the inner ones out thus getting more space......Hope this helps

Cheers Paul.
craiggamesh
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by craiggamesh »

goanywhere wrote:Hi craiggamesh. Thanks for the Sobalo sell! Yes, the more I look (and salivate!!) over the Sabalo pics that are posted here the more I can't wait to get into it. I think it has all the features of a great fishing and touring kayak, with the lines to make it a great sailing yak as well. The long built-in skeg is the feature that won me in that department, along with the stern ready made for a rudder.

I will post pics of the amas I build as I go, hopefully you might find them worth considering.

I built mine because I was looking and salivating at Bemm52's Sabalo. He inspired me to go with that choice. Athough, there are a lot of beautiful Wadefish out there, I just preferred the lines of the Sabalo for some reason. I wish I would have gone with Bemm's built in carrying handles idea. I may hack into mine to do that this winter when I hack into her for the mirage drive. I sure love having a wooden yak. It is so customizable. :)

I can't wait to see pictures of your build.
Regards,

Craig
------------------------------------------------------
If I had more clamps, I could build more boats.
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

how are you filling your time............Ive been using my learnt Kayak building skills to build a somewhat beamier craft :shock: :lol: :lol:

Still use the yaks though

Cheers Paul
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

Thats cool.

WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE BUILD PICS :D :D :D :D :D

We all need more pics. :D :D :D
Bemm 52

Post by Bemm 52 »

Pete this is a yak building site you'll get me into trouble. :) :)

Heres a bit of vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrRq2-dG3e0

If Matt OK's a FEW build pics I'll oblige

Cheers Paul
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

Bemm 52 wrote:Pete this is a yak building site you'll get me into trouble. :) :)
We are both members of other sites :D :D :D :D :D
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

go ahead with the build pics. :)
-Matt. Designer.