what's happening????

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
cridgie down under

what's happening????

Post by cridgie down under »

Hi i am at a loss to know what is going on with this forum , for example no active topics then go to view new posts , very few if any even if you do do a post , should that not appear on view active comments whilst people are viewing it ? i used to enter this site every day now it appears to be a waste of time.the last time i brought this up was May 17th and i had a number of people agree with me . surely you now cannot continue to blame the weather . As an example i just recently posted an enquiry regarding the 11 ' dingy vee
should that not stay on as an" active topic" at least till i get an answer to my questions ?
awaiting a reply
regards" Cridgie down under"
Manjimike
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Re: what's happening????

Post by Manjimike »

G'day Cridgie,
can't answer your question.
I have JEM as a tab in firefox, and I just hit "view new posts" when I log on.
The there haven't been a lot but the majority of the posts have been about the northwinds and I am glad I haven't missed them.

Cheers Mike
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

cridgie down under wrote:Hi i am at a loss to know what is going on with this forum , for example no active topics then go to view new posts , very few if any even if you do do a post , should that not appear on view active comments whilst people are viewing it ? i used to enter this site every day now it appears to be a waste of time.the last time i brought this up was May 17th and i had a number of people agree with me . surely you now cannot continue to blame the weather . As an example i just recently posted an enquiry regarding the 11 ' dingy vee
should that not stay on as an" active topic" at least till i get an answer to my questions ?
awaiting a reply
regards" Cridgie down under"
I'm not sure the remedy you seek. With regard to the forum functionality, I can look into that. You may want to clear your browser cache and cookies and see if that helps.

As for lack of builders posting...well... I'm not happy about that either but it can't be forced. And yes, you can say the time of year is part of it. June-Aug have typically been the slower months for sales and forum activity.

Regarding your 11' V dingy question: That's Morten's design. I guess he get to it when he can. He's in Norway. I'm in NC. Long way to throw a rock against his window and tell him he has a post in the forum to tend to.
-Matt. Designer.
Darrells
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Darrells »

I think a lot of it has to do with the time of year. Kids are out of school and people are vacationing, doesn't get dark until late so people naturally spend more time outside, and just all of the usual summertime activities (at least on this side of the pond). Now that the NW is pretty well wrapped up you should start seeing some trip reports from me anyway.
Darrell Sykora
tx river rat

Post by tx river rat »

I moderate on a couple forums and they are all slow right now, folks are getting outside this time of the year in the US , also the economy ,floods up north and no rain in the south effect the yaking.
Ron
Phishtech
Type of boat I like: Laker Okwata TV 15-29

Post by Phishtech »

Also, here in TEXAS it's just too darn hot to go out in the garage or shed after work and do something on your build. Even with 2 fans going, it'll be 95° in my garage. Things will pick up when the weather cools a little and kids get back to school.
neon14
Type of boat I like: SUP hybrid kayak

Post by neon14 »

I have been on vacation and just got back to Texas. And it is hotter than CRAP!!! down here. I am looking forward to another build but its going to have to wait for it to cool down a bit. As for now I can be found in the water, what little we have.
Darrells

Post by Darrells »

If everyone bought a set of plans and started posting there would be a lot of active topics. I just finished a boat and Matt is currently working up another set for me, so I am doing all I can to help out.
Darrell Sykora
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

I am soon to start my Sabalo build. I have been posting on the builder log as I build my outrigger pontoons, but only a little project, hardly exciting for anybody but me.
My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

goanywhere wrote:I am soon to start my Sabalo build. I have been posting on the builder log as I build my outrigger pontoons, but only a little project, hardly exciting for anybody but me.
I disagree!!
-Matt. Designer.