Wadefish questions

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
JayM
Type of boat I like: Laker Sabalo or Wadefish

Wadefish questions

Post by JayM »

Matt,

I'm pretty close to ordering a set of plans for the Wadefish, but have a question or 2. After re-reading Bemm 52's build thread, you mentioned a "new version", and I'm wondering if the 2.0 version has addressed the issues that he had with water in the cockpit in any way.

My other questions are how wide is the cockpit in the 2.0 version compared to the 15-32, and does the extra width affect overall performance much?

Thanks,

Jay
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: Wadefish questions

Post by jem »

JayM wrote:Matt,

I'm pretty close to ordering a set of plans for the Wadefish, but have a question or 2. After re-reading Bemm 52's build thread, you mentioned a "new version", and I'm wondering if the 2.0 version has addressed the issues that he had with water in the cockpit in any way.

My other questions are how wide is the cockpit in the 2.0 version compared to the 15-32, and does the extra width affect overall performance much?

Thanks,

Jay
There's a lot of threads out there. Please copy-paste a direct link so I can review.
-Matt. Designer.
JayM

Post by JayM »

Matt,

This is the link to the page in the thread where you made the comment about a new version: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2554&start=100
The comments about the water level in the cockpit actually started on page 8 of that thread.

Thanks,

Jay
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

The plans have not been update since that thread.

If I remember correctly, his boat was somewhat modified. While it won't be bone dry, it should be mostly dry with 250 on board. Keep in mind it's a somewhat narrow SOT at 27".
-Matt. Designer.
JayM

Post by JayM »

Thanks. How wide are the cockpits on the 2.0 and the 15-32? I'm just trying to figure out which one I want and if my butt will fit :D

Jay
jem
Site Admin

Post by jem »

20 on the standard. 24 on the 15-32.
-Matt. Designer.
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

Hi Jay

I have 2 Wadefish with a ruddy great big hole in them for a Hobie Mirage Drive & if I do it right when I get in & out I only get my feet wet. The only time I even seem to get water in there is if I use the kayak without the drive in & I make a bow wave in the well that then flows up in to the front of the cockpit. I should make a plug to fill the well when I don't use the drive.

I do also have a plastic chair fitted to mine so I have something to push against to peddle this raises my seat about 25mm but the kayak is still stable as & I have to get the top side on the out side of the seat well in the water before I tip right over in tests I have done to see how far I can go.
JayM

Post by JayM »

Pete,

Thanks for the info. I have read your build thread several times! Beautiful boats and I hope I can come close in mine.

Jay
JayM

Post by JayM »

OK, I've made my choice :D. Submitted my order in last night.

Jay
PiratePete
Type of boat I like: Wadefish + Mirarge Drive.

Post by PiratePete »

JayM wrote:OK, I've made my choice :D. Submitted my order in last night.

Jay
So which one did you go for Jay?????

Can't wait for pics of your build :D :D :D