JEM Branding/Stickers

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
BigMal
Type of boat I like: Wadefish 15-32

JEM Branding/Stickers

Post by BigMal »

I did not get any JEM stickers with my plans but I would like to include it into my build.
It is probably not worth paying the postage for just sending stickers to New Zealand; I seem to remember seeing somewhere that printing onto rice paper and glassing over will work the same.

Matt: Can I get a black & white (or greyscale) image of your logo that I can print?
Any recommendations on thickness/specs of the paper I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance
"Life is measured in achievement, not in years alone" Bruce McLaren
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Re: JEM Branding/Stickers

Post by jem »

The vendor of my stickers wanted to triple my price so they are discontinued for now. To be honest, I forgot all about them, I;ll see about finding a new source.

I can send a logo if you email me. I tried it on tracing paper. Not sure the thickness. Took a couple attempts but I got it.
-Matt. Designer.
Bemm 52
Type of boat I like: <-- Please read instructions to the left and delete this text. Then, tell us what type boat you like! :-)

Post by Bemm 52 »

BigMal wrote: I seem to remember seeing somewhere that printing onto rice paper and glassing over will work the same.

Any recommendations on thickness/specs of the paper I should be looking for?
Big Mal
I used rice paper to do the graphics on my Wadefish and Sabalo...........I just used rice paper from an art supplier however I did have problems getting it thru my printer,kept jamming.
My solution was to back the rice paper with normal printer paper,just sticky tape rice paper to printer paper,this worked OK
after you have graphic printed on the rice paper cut out leaving a small margin around the design and CAREFULLY wet out with epoxy as if glassing.
The rice paper will go completly translucent.........I was so impressed with the technique I got carried away after placing the Jem Logo and had lizards crawling all over my Sabalo 8) :lol: :lol:

Cheers Paul
BigMal
Type of boat I like: Wadefish 15-32

Post by BigMal »

Thanks for the replies.
Bemm; I saw your lizards (and loved the look) but was not sure what paper to use to achieve a similar result.
I might try a sample to get the technique right first.
"Life is measured in achievement, not in years alone" Bruce McLaren