Sabalo 15 or Wadefish 2?

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
BigMal
Type of boat I like: Wadefish 15-32

Re: Sabalo 15 or Wadefish 2?

Post by BigMal »

Floridave wrote:
jem wrote:The Wadefish was designed to have a hatch on the forward wall of the cockpit (the angled forward wall by your feet).
Feel kind of silly that I didn't realize that!
I chose to put the front hatch in the front deck because I am 6'5" and needed the leg room and decided to mount my fish finder on the front wall. Had I realised how difficult the sealing arrangement was going to become I might have done it differently ... ah, the beauty of hindsight.

I will try to take some pictures for you later.
"Life is measured in achievement, not in years alone" Bruce McLaren
BigMal
Type of boat I like: Wadefish 15-32

Post by BigMal »

Check out this address for details of my Wadefish. If you would like any specific shots then just ask.

http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/forum/vie ... 11&t=13696
"Life is measured in achievement, not in years alone" Bruce McLaren
goanywhere
Type of boat I like: Fishing SOTs.

Post by goanywhere »

jem wrote:The Wadefish was designed to have a hatch on the forward wall of the cockpit (the angled forward wall by your feet).
I had a bit of a challenge even with my Sabalo getting a good seal on the front hatch. I like the top hatch though because of the ease of loading and unloading for touring. Plus the top of the hatch is still flat so other gear can easily be strapped on top. I put a 'wash diverter' on the deck in front of the hatch and it makes a huge difference to the ingress of water in rougher conditions and when launching in surf.

This is a pic of the idea (unfinished). It also adds some strength to the deck as well which isn't a bad thing.

My psychologist reckons I need lots of fishin' therapy!