Painting my Swampgirl

Ask your questions here. Guests welcome to post!
waterdog

Painting my Swampgirl

Post by waterdog »

I am really close to finishing up with the construction of a modified Swamp Girl. I added a deck on the front with a bulkhead. and a couple of small decks on the back with storage in between looks kinda like the SOT kayak. My question is this...what kind of paint should I use to finish her off?? I completely fiberglassed the outside hull with 10 oz cloth so I may have a hard time getting it completey slick but I will get it as smooth as I can before paint. I do some airbrushing on bikes and helmets so I have spray capabilities. I am just ignorent to boat painting...any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Waterdog
jem
Site Admin
Type of boat I like: Wooden

Post by jem »

Paint: You could go cheap with some exterior porch paint, or you could go expensive with marine paint.

Varnish and clear coat paint a options too.

For airbrush, I guess it depends on if you want the hard finish of an automotive paint. You boat will flex some. Not sure if that will encourage spider web cracks with that typeof paint.
-Matt. Designer.
Oldsparkey
Design Reviewer
Type of boat I like: Wood boats .

Post by Oldsparkey »

waterdog

When you are done and the Swamp Girl is ready is there any chance or possibilities that you could post some pictures of it on the forum.

On picture is worth a thousand words and I would like to see your completed boat.

Chuck.
Remember:
Amateurs built the Ark...... Professionals built the Titanic
Visit some fine paddlers at The Southern Paddler